I really want to upgrade from my i830 to a BB 7100i. I'm a huge ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

7100i Car Install (Where's the cradle & ptt?)

Advertisement

I really want to upgrade from my i830 to a BB 7100i. I'm a huge walkie talkie user and I've run into a problem I'm hoping I can find a solution to here.

My current nextel phone has a motorola car cradle which connects the phone (just by snapping it into the cradle): Charge, Speaker, Microphone, Antenna, and Push To Talk Button.

I'm trying to find something similar for the 7100i but can't come up with anything?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7100i Car Install (Where's the cradle & ptt?)

Hi Roveer, welcome to pinstack.com!

Are you talking about the Motorola Hard Install Kit, where each time you change phones you just buy the phones adapter? Well thats a Motorola product and you wont find an adapter for a RIM BlackBerry to fit the Hard Install Kit.

Im sure something is available though, someone may be able to share some info with you soon.

In the meantime browse this thread... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t=7100i+cradle

Roveer no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, I've been using Motorola hard install kits for several years. I understand that nothing will adapt a RIM product to the motorola install kit, but I'm shocked to see that RIM makes no such equivelent and gives no consideration at all to the PTT feature other than telling you that where ever you mount your phone, you'll have to reach over to it in order to activate PTT. To me this is a deal killer as I will probably mount the phone up near the top of the dash board or over by the right side of my center console. At very least the motorola solution (I know it wont adapt) gives a PTT button that I usually grab during my first PTT session and leave on my upper leg. That way all future PTT sessions the button is right there. Also, the external speaker is mounted below the steering wheel and provides ample sound to carry on PTT sessions or phone calls. RIM makes no such provisions for any of this.

As you can see, I'm centered around getting any such device working properly in my car as I am on the road 4+ hours per day. I'm guessing this makes me a minority and that is why I can't find a solution. I dont' understand why Motorola provides it for their phones, but RIM does not, not even 3rd party.

If anyone has any solutions, I'd love to hear them. I've even thought about using a bluetooth speaker option to give me a remote speaker/microphone, but I'm still stuck trying to get the PTT feature on a remote button... Does anyone know if there is access to PTT in any of the jacks on the 7100i? Not likely on the USB, but is there a headphone jack that will pick up PTT signals? I read somewhere that one of the jacks will support headphones with the answer/hangup feature, which would possibly support PTT but I'd need some confirmation on that. If it were true, then I could bluetooth a speaker, wire a PTT and have to live with no antenna extension.

Regards,

Roveer

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

A very simple headset that has PTT built in an easy solution to your problem?

Click Here