So before I had my 7100i I had an i860 - I could make/rec calls ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

7100i Call quality and other oddities

Advertisement

So before I had my 7100i I had an i860 - I could make/rec calls to my husband (also a nextel user) just fine. ever since I got a 7100i the volume on the calls ONLY TO HIM are extremely LOW.. how odd is that. this is my 2nd 7100i and its the same problem, HE just upgraded from an i850 to an i880 and its STILL low.. whats up with that? My sister in law has an i880 and I talk to her every morning and there are no volume issues. I use a motorola H500 bluetooth headset and the problem exists with or with out it.

another odd thing is every few days or so my messages are seriously delayed like an hour. I have it picking up my Gmail (not the gmail icon itself but with service book for gmail) so when I send a message i automatically get a copy of the message I sent. Its cool because I KNOW my message is sent or what ever. but anywho.. every couple of days I send a message via gmail, it takes hours before it actually sends. Like yesterday I replied to an email at like 5pm, it didnt actually send until this morning. When it first started happening I would try to send messages via my@sprint.blackberry.net email address.. those wouldnt get received until hours later either. Any thoughts?

Is the 7520 a better Nextel blackberry? Do i need to get one of those instead? Any thoughts?

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Re: 7100i Call quality and other oddities

When you are talking with your husband, have you tried turning the trackwheel and see if
    it gets louder? When I talk to my wife (730) or daughter (860) I have to play with the wheel
    sometimes to hear them. As for the mail delay, I get it every so often. When I see this happening,
    I uselly re send the service books. Sometimes it helps.
    As for what I heard. Is that the 7100i is the newer of the 2 blackberrys

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

yea i have the volume up as high as it can go. its like when the call starts the first ring is normal the rest are very low, when he answers i have to roll up all the windows and turn my music off just to be able to hear him, but i dont have that issue with anyone else. bummer too, kinda making me want to go back to my regular phone.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

When I make a call to them, I get the same, a loud ring and then it sounds like it's muzzled ring. Then when they answer I some times have to play with the track
    wheel and make it louder. How about the DC? Is that ok?

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

yea the DC is great! no problems with that at all. Very good quality in the sound. its just so odd its only a problem with him, I thought it was his phone but he got a new model. iono. guess i'll have to live with it until i do somethin about leaving nextel.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Yea that is odd, that it is just his. Hope it clears up sometime.

kaegk no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31239D55

About the 7520 I am not sure if you can get one from Nextel I was told they phased it out for the 7100I

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

I have the same problem with my phone when I am talking with select people.