Hi folks! I've scanned and searched the 71xx forums on this topic and haven't quite ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

nemoishere no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7100i battery doesn't charge - low battery displays

Advertisement

Hi folks!

I've scanned and searched the 71xx forums on this topic and haven't quite found an answer to my dilemnia. Hopefully this is not a redundant question.

My wife's 7100i discharged when we were on a 7-day cruise. We thought the ship power was not good or the travel charger was malfunctioning and "low battery" displays. Tried the car charge on the ride home from the airport [about 50 min], the battery did not charge; still displays "low battery". Left on the home charger overnight and "low battery" is still displayed.

All the correct indicators appear on the phone, lighting bolt with red square for charging, powers up with the power button. We've tried (3) chargers, were contemplating a new battery until I checked with a local NEXTEL store. They stated in their "professional opinion" the phone/unit is bad or malfunctioning. If the battery was replaced, the phone still may not charge the battery. Even if the battery was "faulty" it should charge up.

My wife's colleague stated it has occurred with his 7100i. He had to charge it for 3 days!!! It has not occurred for him since.

Has anyone else had this experience!!!

Thanks!!!!

Nemoishere

nemoishere no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100i battery doesn't charge - low battery displays

Thanks EvolutionCSR!!

When you say "similar", how similar was your problem!

Thanks again!!!