Is the bb desktop manager compatible with windows vista....because my bb7100i wont connect with my ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

daprynce07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

7100i & Windows Vista

Advertisement

Is the bb desktop manager compatible with windows vista....because my bb7100i wont connect with my computer....it only connects when i use my laptop.... my desktop pc has windows vista and my laptop is running XP.... someone help please....

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7100i & Windows Vista

1. If you have installed anything earlier than Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 (4.2.1.x), OR if you installed and did NOT Run as Administrator (#4), uninstall whatever you have installed!

2. You must use Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 (or SP2, but it's huge and not worth the 200+MB addition of the invasive Roxio Media Manager. You can download SP2 and select a custom installation and exclude Media Manager also, but SP1 is nearly identical to SP2 except for the Media Manager. Especially with Vista, I strongly recommend avoiding Roxio!!!

3. The file you download from BlackBerry is a self extracting Zip file. I recommend downloading it, extracting it to a permanent location, and then running BlackBerrySetup.exe to install. The reason for this is because if you decide you need to change the setup at a later date, if you do NOT do it this way, the installer will not be able to modify.

4. Whether you run BlackBerrySetup.exe or the EXE you download from the link above, RIGHT CLICK on it and select Run as Administrator to install.
    JerryD

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

I have the 4.2 desktop mgr. I can back up my bb but thats all it will allow me to do, forget about tranferring files to my bb, wont happen, i forgot the error it gives, im at work on an XP machine now i'll have to get it from home.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : 7100i & Windows Vista

This is normal, 7100 has 4.1 software and to transfer file you need the 4.2 OS. I doubt that software will ever be release for the 7100i since there's not a enough memory on the device

If you need to transfer file from your computer to your 7100i just do it by emails

Hope this helps

Sn1p3r
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

what about applications? I cant load applications or anything with it. all i can do is back up my bb I really cant use any other functions of the desktop mgr.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You can't access apllication? What the error you get tells you?
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

i'll have to post it when i get home. I'm at work on XP right now. I'll let you know thanks for the help

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

No problem, I'll try my best to get it work with you
    Sn1p3r

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

okay whenever i try to use the app loader i get 'no additional applications designed for your device were found'

when i click okay the bb mgr shows ' The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or your system administrator."

this is version 2.2.2.14

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

You prob just need to download and install an OS for ur 7100 on ur home computer.

I have seen DM act like a punk (like you are describing) before and if u load an OS onto ur computer, that should rectify it.

PIN/ID
    OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You prob just need to download and install an OS for ur 7100 on ur home computer.

I have seen DM act like a punk (like you are describing) before and if u load an OS onto ur computer, that should rectify it.
    gotcha and it worked! thanks a ka-jillion!
    Last edited by mserica513; 07-06-2007 at 10:12 PM.