Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have owned a 7100i since March 2006. During that time, I've received JVM Error ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jtreeves no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400EEC71

7100i and JVM Error 102

Advertisement

I have owned a 7100i since March 2006. During that time, I've received JVM Error 102 on many occasions. Nextel sent me a new phone as a solution to the first occurrence. When it occurred on the second phone, I found the JL_Cmder tool here and have been using it (almost weekly) to wipe my phone and after the error occurs to allow a clean reinstall of the OS, phone software, and my regular backup file. I backup daily now to prevent data loss.

I called Blackberry Tech Support last Friday night to follow up on email correspondence on the subject of this recurring problem. The technician told me that the company's solution is to replace the phone with a new unit. She directed me to a "Service and Repair shop" in my neighborhood. I visited them on Saturday; they checked my record and saw that I had been authorized a replacement, and ordered one from the company that insures the phones. I had the foresight to sign up for replacement service when I purchased my phone. You may have to raise a stink to get a replacement if you don't have insurance. However, the tech I spoke with at BB didn't mention the need for insurance. She stated that it was their policy to replace phones when experience the JVM Error 102.

JR
    New PIN forthcoming.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: 7100i and JVM Error 102

Well its good to hear that you were able to get a replacement. Welcome and thanks for reminding me to back my device up!

mikearend no está en línea Stack level 2

i often must reset my BB (battery pull) this is because Ihave showing NXTl ....twice i have had the 102 error after the Batt pull. I wonder if I am interrupting some proccess that causes the error....like killing the pc when the hard drive is being accesed or crashing a program in some way.....

thanks
    mike

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hey mike, not sure what is causing it and neither does sprint/nextel.
    i have one user on a 7100i and they have replaced his handheld 3x's now because of the 102 error... have you tried this thread?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_listed.html

mikearend no está en línea Stack level 2

looked and saved it just now thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you load the newest OS update on your 7100i it is said to reduce the amount of errors...

misskar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I too am getting this error for the first time last night. I call tech support this morning and they told me to call tele sales to get a replacement phone. and when I called tele sales they told me I had to pay for a phone. I told them why should I have to pay for a replacement when this error is beyond my control. She then told me that they have never heard of this error. any suggestions as to who else I should contact. I need my phone back asap. I tried to take battery out etc and to reset and it is still giving me the error message.

I told the tech guy that if they know they are having this problem why not stop selling this model phone and he just thought that was a crazy solution.

anyways if anyone can offer any advice that would be great.

Karrie

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

misskar, Welcome to PinStack.

Check out this thread, it should help you determine if you have a hardware problem. BB solution: JVM error 102.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack misskar. Im confident your problems can be solved here without purchasing a new BB.

Remember, Telesales is only interested in making a sale, they have no reason to help you out... You want to talk to account services when you have an issue like yours.

misskar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I was told by tech support to backup my phone on my computer before i do a hard reset and i downloaded my software and it doesn't work right. it just tells me disconnected at the bottom of the screen. am i doing something wrong?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Are you following the procedure the is provided in the link in my last post. It should help you get up and running.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Karrie, as rcbjr said, you should follow the steps in the link precisely and it should get you where you need to be. Let us know how you make out.

jtreeves no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400EEC71

BTW, my new PIN is 4017BBC5.

JR

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by jtreeves
    BTW, my new PIN is 4017BBC5.

JR
    Welcome back JR!

biffcheese no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4013E3E8

Question Re: 7100i NXTl "Cannot Connect" error

Hey guys. New to Pinstack and I'm hoping that someone here can save be before I give up, flush my BB, and go back to the Zack Morris brick phone. Help!

I often have to do a hard reset by pulling the battery because quite often (though only since the DST change) mid-call/surf/message the NXTL will switch to NXTl and any attempts at calling or messaging are rebuffed with a message saying "Cannot Connect" and the phone number. Though every piece of literature I've read thus far says I should still be able to make emergency calls, use the phone, and use the Walkie Talkie functions, no dice. Nothing will connect until after I remove the battery and the phone resets itself.

Frustrating, to say the least.

Nextel Tech Support, BB Support, and Account Services have been no help and seem only to be interested in selling me a new phone. I'm positive there's got to be a better (and less costly) solution. Has anyone else experienced this? And how would I resolve it?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast