My 7100g is unresponsive. No keys do anything, the only thing I can do is ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

freelance93 no está en línea Stack level 1

7100g unresponsive

Advertisement

My 7100g is unresponsive. No keys do anything, the only thing I can do is flick the scroll wheel to turn the screen on. Other than that, I can't do anything. I rebooted it, I battery pulled it a bunch of times, I am close to wiping it but I don't know what's wrong. It all started yesterday when the phone would press by itself the QW and ER keys, always dialing W1 over and over again until the field was full. Sometimes the phone would let me delete the field, and the escape key would work. But the functions deteriorated, with me unable to utilize my phone. The dialing has stopped but so has everything else. HELP!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    This may be moisture related. Any chance of that?

freelance93 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i haven't done anything around water, all I've done is workout with it around, but I haven't had any sweat on it or something.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance93 View Post
    i haven't done anything around water, all I've done is workout with it around, but I haven't had any sweat on it or something.
    That's about all it takes. I would have to open it up to know for sure. You may need to send to a www.bbrepairshop.com or upgrade to new device.

Before you resort to that. Try reinstalling or upgrading the OS.
    How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry