Two things I’d like help with if possible… I have v4.0.0.198 on my Blackberry 7100g ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Almeida no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7100G questions

Advertisement

Two things I’d like help with if possible…

I have v4.0.0.198 on my Blackberry 7100g handheld and attempted to upgrade to 4.1 using the Desktop Manager ( found here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A ), however have been unsuccessful at doing so. I deleted the .xml document on my computer and was informed that the upgrade would begin upon connecting using my USB…..but alas it did not. I don’t really know what else to try.

My reasoning for the upgrade is to keep up-to-date, as well as to be able to load themes onto my handheld device. As far as I understand, I’m unable to do so with 4.0, correct?

Secondly, when I do (hopefully) upgrade the OS to 4.1….I want to be able to load themes that I’ve found on your website as seen below:

8700 icons for the 7100 http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.php?catid=11&linkid=6

I have the 7100g and assume I cannot load this theme because mine doesn't have icons, correct? Is there a way to switch over to icons? I assume not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Almeida; 05-07-2008 at 05:13 PM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Almeida Welcome to Pinstack!

First thing some time even after removing the xlm file and plugging your bb in you need to start desktop manager for it to start the update process.

Second I have not played with a 7100g but i have played with a 7100i and when i udated the OS it did then allow me to install themes.