Hi I upgraded my work-provided 7100g to 4.1 this morning. Followed the proper process including ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

out
    out no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

7100g - lost enterprise activation when upgraded to 4.1?

Advertisement

Hi
    I upgraded my work-provided 7100g to 4.1 this morning. Followed the proper process including backup and restore.

Everything is restored except the BES service books! Whenever the BES tries to send an email to my handheld it comes up with a decryption error. I can't generate a new key as there don't appear to be any services for BES.

Now has the appearance of needing an Enterprise Activation again. Problem is I would prefer to avoid this as I doubt my IT department is going to like the fact that I upgraded the OS...support issues, blah blah blah.

1. Is this normal - should the service books have been restored too?
    2. Is there a way to restore service books without doing an Enterprise Activation
    3. If the answer to any of this is "contact your administrator", can anyone tell me how to roll back or reinstall the old OS?

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: 7100g - lost enterprise activation when upgraded to 4.1?

out,

It is really not necessary to post the same question in multiple threads, as a matter of fact, it is frowned on here. It is called cross posting. If you haven't already done so, please read the forum rules and guidelines, linked to in my sig.

BTW, I have responded to this question in the other thread you posted.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

out
    out no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

thanks for pointing this out. You will have noticed that I have not posted here much before and found this topic to cover more than one forum type. People seem to post any type of question in any one of 2-3 sub-forums.
    I also noticed that there were not that many people in any of the forums so saw the likelihood of my thread being missed as high.

These two thing make it hard to know if the right person has seen it, hence the double post. There are the rules and there are good ways to resolve an issue in a forum where people are posting all over the place. perhaps if the mods were stricter in pushing threads to the right forums.

Sorry for the tone, but did it for a reason other than noobness.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

The mod staff tries hard to keep the forums as orderly as possible, but as you can imagine, sometimes the posts are overwhelming.

If you notice a post that needs to be moved elsewhere,is inappropriate or is spam, please, feel free to bring it to our attention and we will address it as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

N8