My BB cuts out alot whilst in a call. Screen goes blank for a second ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

X-berry no está en línea Stack level 2

7100g Another stupid question

Advertisement

My BB cuts out alot whilst in a call. Screen goes blank for a second or two and a red light flashes on top. Im with optus prepaid. Is it because of reception?
    Its not all calls so far, but some, and it is very annoying, any help?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: 7100g Another stupid question

The phone should never shut off, no matter how bad your reception is. You may want to try to reload the software on your BB.

X-berry no está en línea Stack level 2

Ive updated my OS to the newer version, and it still does it after a few minutes.
    Its severly frustrating, Im tempted to use a normal phone.

Quote Originally Posted by X-berry
    Ive updated my OS to the newer version, and it still does it after a few minutes.
    Its severly frustrating, Im tempted to use a normal phone.
    If you did an OS upgrade and you still have the same problem, it's likely that there's physical damage to the device. First thing to do is to remove the battery and clean the contacts on both the battery and the phone; if that doesn't work, try replacing the battery; if that doesn't do it, then either disassemble the device or (preferred) get a new one on Ebay. 7100s are less than $50 on ebay these days.

Disassembling/cleaning a 7100 is not very difficult, there's a step-by-step set of instructions either here or at the blackberryforums dot com (I've seen 'em, but don't remember which forum they are at --) and if your problem is a dirty or corroded contact or something like that you can fix it.