Hi everyone - First time poster. Just yesterday, the trackwheel stopped working. I turn and ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

Cubillas no está en línea Stack level 1

7100 trackwheel won't work

Advertisement

Hi everyone - First time poster.

Just yesterday, the trackwheel stopped working. I turn and turn and . . . nothing. The cursor won't move! I'm not certain if it was the little bit of rain that fell yesterday, or whether my 2-year old BB/trackwheel has just worn out.

I used the "Quick Search" for trackwheen problems, but most seem to ask about trackwheels being stuck in the "click in" position, not my problem which is that I turn the wheel but nothing happens.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Any advise on some things I might be able to try to fix this? Or do I need to take this back to Cingular? Or toss it in the garbage (hopefully not!).

Thanks in advance!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 7100 trackwheel won't work

First have you restarted the BB? Sometimes they need a little reboot. If you are brave you could try and open it up and take a peek.....

Is it insured? I am not sure your carrier will do much for it other than suggest you buy a new phone if it is 2 yrs old.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Cubillas no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 7100 trackwheel won't work

Thanks, Melissa. I did take the battery out, waited about 30 seconds and put it back in with no positive outcome. Is this what you mean by rebooting, or is there some other way to reboot?

I'll have to check if its insured - Good question.

How does one open up a BB 7100g? If I do open it, and I do have insurance, does that void the insurance?

Again, thank you for your advise.