My 7100 just went blank while I was trying to dial a number. The screen ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

pratz no está en línea Stack level 1

7100 is blank and dead

Advertisement

My 7100 just went blank while I was trying to dial a number. The screen became pink and then the phone went dead. No screen, no light, no sound

I have removed and placed battery, I have reloaded the handheld O.S (interestingly Desktop software detects the phone, I could back up data, reinstall O.S through the computer) but the phone remains blank. I dropped the phone a couple of times and the screen will go pink, but usually it becomes normal after removing and placing the battery.

Do you think this is a hardware failure as O.S is working fine. just that I cannot see or hear anything on the phone !! ? Some advice will help

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    sounds like hardware failure. what happens if you try to plug it into charger? maybe the connectors are bad now after dropping it?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    sounds like hardware failure. what happens if you try to plug it into charger? maybe the connectors are bad now after dropping it?
    nothing happens since i cannot make out anything. but i assume it must be charging

naivete no está en línea Stack level 2
    i also think it's a hardware failure ,for i never seen my BB screen change ro pink even i need to reinstall the os , it seems anything wrong .
    Concern On Mobile2.0, well come to my Blog :
    http://movox.cn

ScSpeedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3034c66d
    I had something similiar happen but it that good pink it just shut off. If u have a spare battery around try that first because had to just get a new battery.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yes, it is confirmed it is a LCD screen failure. I have got it replaced now and it works fine. it seems the repair chap had a spare LCD screen from some other BB. I was charged $40 for it in India