i have installed the latest os version and my call tunes do not work for ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

jchapa no está en línea Stack level 1

4.1 custom call tunes not working at all

Advertisement

i have installed the latest os version and my call tunes do not work for any one that i set them to. I have tried using the "Use active profile except for" option in profiles as well as setting it up through the address book.

the call tune will work the first time some calls my phone then it resets back to the profile tune. can anyone help this is really frustrating.

I have a 7105t from tmobile.
    everything else on the handset works fine but this. plz help

Knine no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CBE9BD

Re: 4.1 custom call tunes not working at all

I had the same thing happen to me on my 7100i.

I called up Nextel and here was the solution:

Pull the battery out. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds then release.

Put the battery back in and let it power up.

Then it worked.

I am finding more and more times I have to "reboot" my phone. More than I do my stinking Windows Laptop

Seems like it hangs in spots and the only way to get it out is to remove the battery.

that didnt work.

upon reseting the device, it works for the first call, after that it goes back to the profile ring...

does anyone know a way around this. is my phone just messed up?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Have you tried to reinstall the OS?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

yes that doesnt work either. it seems like i am the only one experiencing this.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Happened to my sister's 7100i. Custom tunes set for contacts and even a custom default ringtone. Nope, the only ringer it would use was the Classic Phone style. Rebooting fixes it for a while, but then it reverts back in a week or so. The guy at Nextel said he's only seen it once before and he said it had to do with the programs installed on the phone. He blamed Google Local. But I had the same phone and Google Local and never had the problem.

i even wiped the handset clean and reinstalled the os and it still doesnt work. at least she got a week out of hers mine will only work for the first time a caller calls. then resorts to the tone set in the profiles. basically it doesnt except the exceptions i create for it. nor does it work when i set the custom ring tone in the address book. i hoping someone can help

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Try creating a brand new profile, not one of the loud/quiet/phone only/etc defaults, and use that one. Then set the exceptions and make sure they are checked. Try unchecking the Important calls one, cause it may be thinking they are all important calls and using that default.

defj no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just installed OS 4.1 on my 7105t as well and am having the same problem. It's a little frustrating and that's why I wanted to let you know that you're not the only one.

defj no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh yah.. Sorry that I can't help.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Which version of 4.1 are you people installing? Could it be the version of the O.S. that you are operating on?

I had cable and wireless 4.1 on my 7105 but I never attempted to single out ringtones for anyone, so I am not sure if it had that problem or not.