I purchased a 7100t off ebay. I have had this same model for almost 2 ... RIM Blackberry 71xx forum

clay106686 no está en línea Stack level 1

100% 7100t dead

Advertisement

I purchased a 7100t off ebay. I have had this same model for almost 2 years now, but with a little mishap with my old room mates dog has forced me to buy a new one. That brings me to my issue at hand here. Once I recieved the phone first thing that I did was upgrade the OS on it. Did thaty just fine, a few days go by and the handheld shuts its self off. I take out the battery sometimes it comes back on then some times it does not. I switched out the batteries thinking this MIGHT help, it sure didn't! Last night I was on this forum and read aton about wiping the handheld and reloading the OS via aps loader. I went to T-mobile got their latest version of the handheld OS, loaded it successfully, then I could not receive and service ( I use cingular, this is an unlocked 7100t) all the service indicator was saying was "SOS" then some how today I regained service. Thats when it happened, I tried to respond to a text message and then the phone shut off. The only thing I have gotten the phone to do is have a red LED light turn on for almost 10 secs. ( atleast lastnight it was flashing red) But now it's 100% dead! any suggestions? I have all ready emailed the seller asking for a refund. NO repsonce yet though. any advice would be greratly appreciated!

clay106686 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay, I just re-inserted the battery, but this time instead of placing the bottom of the batery in first, followed by the top ( referring the bottom of the battery to the side that has the pin connections) I inserted the top, thus smashing the pin connections inside the phone ( the connectors that touch the battery) well when I did this the pins fold down, and now the phone is back on. Should I be worried for the future?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I hate to hear this has happened, I hope the seller will try to make some type of compensation but that's a risk when purchasing on Ebay. It will work out.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had a similiar problem with my 8700g the some of the pin connectors for the battery weren't making contact with the phones internal mechanism, I had to take the phone apart and open the pins wider haven't had any problems since, but hopefully you won't have to do this unless you're comfortable with taking your BB apart, I take computers apart all the time so doing so with my BB doesn't bother me.

dredwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D16B02
    That's why I don't purchase things off ebay.

tippndown no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3012D2AF
    Thats messed up