Just got the 8830. I have set up my the phone to receive email and ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Methoselite no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wireless Sync

Advertisement

Just got the 8830. I have set up my the phone to receive email and have had no problems. I had to connect via USB to get the address book and calendar to sync.

I am not running a BES but connecting through a Microsoft exchange server. The frustration I have is the lack of syncing between the handheld and my outlook. Emails I open or delete on either the BB or the desktop do not update on the other showing read or deleted.

Is there a setting I am missing to get these two to sync wirelessly? Or is a wireless sync not possible without a BES? BES at my company I am told is not an option.

Cheers

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Methoselite View Post
    Just got the 8830. I have set up my the phone to receive email and have had no problems. I had to connect via USB to get the address book and calendar to sync.

I am not running a BES but connecting through a Microsoft exchange server. The frustration I have is the lack of syncing between the handheld and my outlook. Emails I open or delete on either the BB or the desktop do not update on the other showing read or deleted.

Is there a setting I am missing to get these two to sync wirelessly? Or is a wireless sync not possible without a BES? BES at my company I am told is not an option.

Cheers
    Are you using Desktop Redirector or BIS Mail? Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't email sync is possible without a BES.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Reconciliation may work depending on how its setup. Pop probably wont work. IMAP should work from the device to outlook and OWA should work fine.

I installed Desktop Redirector. I have not looked into BIS mail.

Desktop redirector won't allow for reconciling of emails. Also it doesn't allow you to view attachments either. If your company has POP, IMAP or OWA access available you would be better off looking in to one of those. Redirector has a lot of restrictions

Ok, I have set up the BIS. I confirmed that I had originally set up the email address and my OWA is current.

I still get emails in both places. But when I delete from the BB my outlook does not and vice versa.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Methoselite View Post
    Ok, I have set up the BIS. I confirmed that I had originally set up the email address and my OWA is current.

I still get emails in both places. But when I delete from the BB my outlook does not and vice versa.
    Did you set reconciliation in Messages, Options, Email Reconciliation? Sometimes this works and sometimes not.

Also does your outlook file your email to a pst or to your exchange server. If you outlook files to a pst then reconciliation will not work.

First off, thanks for the continued help.

I closed down the redirector and the reconcillation is set to on.
    The emails are held on the exchange server and not a PST.