Because I use my BB so often, it needs to be charged at least once ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Will this charger kill my 8830??

Advertisement

Because I use my BB so often, it needs to be charged at least once every other day. My wife also has a BB, so the one charger we have at home is always occupied. I just went out and bought what appears to be an official RIM charger, and it has the model number ASY-07040-002 written on it. I searched the internet for any reference to this model charger being compatible with an 8830, and I cant seem to find any. It was my understanding that most BB's with a USB charger could use the same device, so I am hoping this wont fry mine! I tried plugging it in for a second and everything looked like it should and it began charging. Has anyone used one of these chargers with this phone? The output is listed as (5v = 0.75a), and this appears to be within the limits for an 88xx series device although I cant confirm that. Any thoughts?

rathompson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249FD6FD

Re: Will this charger kill my 8830??

You shouldn't have a problem. I just checked 2 BB specific chargers (one for a 7130c and one for my 8800), both show to be 5v @ 0.75A. I've also use a Motorola car charger on both my BBs with no problem.

However, I'm not responsible if it fries you BB!

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Will this charger kill my 8830??

Haha, you shouldn't have tried it for a second to just test it as a second was all it would take to fry your phone. Lucky for you, it doesn't seem to be a problem.