Yeah, you all are going to have to tell me why you're talking about a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ChrisNome no está en línea Stack level 1

What's with this OS v4.5 talk?? Latest from VZW = 4.2.2.196?

Advertisement

Yeah, you all are going to have to tell me why you're talking about a v4.5 release for the 8830.this summer. I think you all may be downloading OS's for the wrong phones. I just downloaded VZW's LATEST version v4.2.2.196 (last updated last november, be it as it may). If there ARE better operating systems out there and VZW is just wacking it instead of getting on that sh*t, please let me know how to go about getting them because I'm always looking for ways to improve this BB8830. Just downloaded the v4.3 desktop as well and IT WONT SYNC with my Vista ultimate or Outlook 2007 or whatever, BUT IT BETTER
    ========
    ChrisNome
    ========

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    LOL----we are downloading OS's for the wrong phones? That's silly! There is a beta 4.5 for GSM users, not CDMA users as far as I can tell.

Here is the thread that talks about it (part 2 since the first thread was over 70 pages....that's a lot of pages for all of us downloading the wrong os...right? LOL )

Vista is known for having problems with DM 4.3.....

***OK....question....who is the rude police? To the OP---do you feel that I was rude?
    He said that he thought that over 100 of us were downloading the wrong OS...of course its silly....and I HELPED HIM OUT....jesus.
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 05-31-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNome View Post
    Yeah, you all are going to have to tell me why you're talking about a v4.5 release for the 8830.this summer. I think you all may be downloading OS's for the wrong phones. I just downloaded VZW's LATEST version v4.2.2.196 (last updated last november, be it as it may). If there ARE better operating systems out there and VZW is just wacking it instead of getting on that sh*t, please let me know how to go about getting them because I'm always looking for ways to improve this BB8830. Just downloaded the v4.3 desktop as well and IT WONT SYNC with my Vista ultimate or Outlook 2007 or whatever, BUT IT BETTER
    Actually, this was JUST released by VZW. The software updated last November was OS v4.2.2.176 (not the OS v4.2.2.196 that you reference) -- apparently, they neglected to change the "updated 11/19/2007" when they posted the new release. BTW, the .196 variant appears to be much more stable than the older .176 -- there appears to be siginificantly better memory management, support for WMA media files, etc. I have been running .196 for several weeks -- first the Bell Mobility version and later the Sprint version (with a later platform version than either Bell Mobility or Verizon).
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-01-2008 at 10:07 PM.