I was taking a shower and had the phone next to the shower on top ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

infoe no está en línea Stack level 1

wet 8830 :(

Advertisement

I was taking a shower and had the phone next to the shower on top of the toilet seat and somehow someway it got wet...unfortunately i have a large plan and live alone so i dont have a house phone so the amount of time i can let it fully dry out will be now when i go to sleep until i wake up and then i can take the blow dryer to it. the buttons that are not working are the power button up on the top

the back button next to the scroll button, the scroll wheel moves around but will not click..my q,p,a,del button it seems like the buttons up on the top and on the outside...in your all expert opinions do you think these buttons will really come back to me if they completely dry? the little white square on the inside of the phone is still white...

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: wet 8830 :(

Check the threads at the bottom of this post to help you out. I'd advise against just letting it dry overnight.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cellphone.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...er_damage.html

thanks for the response as we speak im giving it some low heat blow drying will do so for 15 mins then will leave overnight on satellite box (gives off low heat to dry) I see alot of people that have had good success drying out and getting their units to work again to 100% so i will hope and pray.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just dropped my phone in the toilet it dried out pretty well but since I also don't use a house phone I was limited in the time I could let it dry the buttons work but I have other small issues but now I'm waiting on my replacement to come

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

I read that stick a wet cell phone in a bowl of dry rice absorbs the moisture and actully gets it working again. I never tried it but I heard it works. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I used warranty (at my job) to swap out the phone...I figured it was the best alternative since company is closing (compusa)