Guys, short and simple. I just ordered 8GB worth of microSD/SDHC cards that were on ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

sabregen no está en línea Stack level 2

Way to keep screen from turning off 8830?

Advertisement

Guys, short and simple. I just ordered 8GB worth of microSD/SDHC cards that were on sale. I've got a few trips coming up, and my laptop will only run about an hour on battery, so I was going to convert all of my TV shows into 320x240 DivX/XviD format to load on the media I just ordered. However, it has come to my attention that my maximum screen time before dimming or turning off is 2 minutes. Given the multimedia capabilities of this device, that seems strange, and it stands to reason that there SHOULD be a way to keep it on. That being said, that's my reasoning, and not necessarily RIMs. I'm sure this has been asked before. Any assistance appreciated.

jrusch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31ADDE19

Re: Way to keep screen from turning off 8830?

The maximum time of 2 minutes is for when there is no activity. When watching a movie the timer has no effect.

sabregen no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Way to keep screen from turning off 8830?

Quote Originally Posted by jrusch View Post
    The maximum time of 2 minutes is for when there is no activity. When watching a movie the timer has no effect.
    awesome and to the point! thank you very much.