So only 2 weeks new BB8830we went for a quick swim. Has sat without battery ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

golfnrun no está en línea Stack level 1

Water & White Screen

Advertisement

So only 2 weeks new BB8830we went for a quick swim. Has sat without battery since March. Reactivated old phone and decided to try BB yesterday. Not much response for quite some time while charging. Did a double soft reset after several hours ending up with white screen at this point. Any chance of survival? Did get one burst of ring tone. Yep, the moisture square is red. Kinda figured that if it was fried I wouldn't even get this far, but am a total noob. Any suggestions? Do I need to reload the OS and how do I do that from my MAC?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, there is no way to load the OS onto a BB without Windows.....so, you'll need to get your BB to a PC and give it a try.

I read something about Boot Camp which if you buy Windows it allows you to open windows on a mac or something, not sure........I know nothing about it.....seems to me that getting to a friend with a PC may be easier.....

Too bad, poor BB......hope you get it fixed somehow....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

golfnrun no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Water & White Screen

Ok, so I have a PC available to me as well. Just where the heck do I start as far as loading what in what order? Man, totally lost here....can anyone give a BB girl some help?