I recently upgraded to the VZW latest OS version [Platform: 3.4.0.30; App Version: 4.5.0.138 (205)]. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

BkerTech no está en línea Stack level 2

Question VZW latest OS 4.5

Advertisement

I recently upgraded to the VZW latest OS version [Platform: 3.4.0.30; App Version: 4.5.0.138 (205)]. The memory available (Status) decreases as the day goes on. Is there a memory leak problem for this OS version?

omlieber no está en línea Stack level 1
    I noticed the same thing...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Have you installed any new software or themes recently?

Memory leak?

Not at all. Reboot the BB and monitor its status overtime show the degradation of memory space. I do use GoogleSync to manage my Calendar with my G-Calendat. That should not eat up a lot of space.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

OS v4.5.0.160 (recently released by Telus) appears to be much better in terms of memory management. I successfully installed the Telus package on my VZW 8830 -- memory does decrease as apps are used in the foreground or background, but I no longer experience memory dropping to "0 bytes".

omlieber no está en línea Stack level 1
    Loaded .160 over the weekend; I see a bit more (5gb) memory free, but the leak still seems to happen.

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Quote Originally Posted by BkerTech View Post
    Not at all. Reboot the BB and monitor its status overtime show the degradation of memory space. I do use GoogleSync to manage my Calendar with my G-Calendat. That should not eat up a lot of space.
    Do you have that set to do it automatically? If so there is your memory leak. Change it to manual and reboot you should then see the memory return. It syncs very quickly and doesn't have a setting to change the length of time between syncs.

Well! I need not to concern with this any further as I replace my BB8830 with the DROID.