I just got a VZW 8830. It is a much nicer device than the 7130 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

VZW 8830 keyboard backlight

Advertisement

I just got a VZW 8830. It is a much nicer device than the 7130 I was using. My coworkers who had the 8703 also seem to like the 8830 better.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to change the backlight color on the keyboard. The blue light is OK if the room is really dark, but when you're in that in-between lighting it makes the letters on the keys almost impossible to see.

Thanks!

Dave

nuts930 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: VZW 8830 keyboard backlight

I agree with you about the difficulty to see, but I have been through all the options and cannot find a way to change the backlight color. The trackball extreme white color also somewhat annoys me. However, IMO, small prices to pay for the upgrade from the crappy 7130.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Can we have some pics please.

db869 no está en línea Stack level 2

By the way, my coworker tore an 8830 apart (VERY carefully). He found out that the keys on the 8830 are molded out of blue plastic (with the exception of the send and end keys, which are molded out of green and red plastic) with a silver coating on the top. So, to answer my own question: Nope. However, my coworker is trying to find a source for a T-Mobile or AT&T keyboard to swap out. I'll just keep enjoying my new 8830 and let him destroy his!

Dave

homer2568 no está en línea Stack level 1

it sort of sucks. But if you get used to the keys it shouldn't be a problem -- def see how this could annoy people though

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

My only complaint about the keyboard is I wish you could change how long the keyboard stays lit for. If I'm in a dim or dark room, the keyboard only stays lit for a few seconds before it goes out. Then I have to hit menu button or something to light it up again. The screen stays lit up fine though.