Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by wazuri77 Dear , Thank you for your recent e mail to Mr. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

bq1985 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: VZW 8830 GPS Action Plan

Advertisement

Originally Posted by wazuri77
    Dear ,

Thank you for your recent e mail to Mr. Dennis Strigl, who has asked me to respond to you on his behalf.

Verizon Wireless' advertisements do not represent the autonomous GPS receiver and you may be referring to and Ad by the manufacturer. There may be disclaimers that not all carriers will sell the unit with the GPS system active.

In the 4th quarter of 2007, Verizon Wireless is expecting to launch VZNavigator in many of our PDA devices. The software to utilize this program would be available to our customers at no cost.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Steve Schwed
    Verizon Wireless
    HQ Executive Relations Supervisor
    e-mail Stephen.Schwed@verizonwireless.com
    What about the cost for the GPS service?? Verizon is still tap dancing around this issue. It amazes me how a successful company forgets about the customer base. What ever happened to "Customer Satisfaction"? I have no problems with the service coverage Verizon offers, it is the nickel and dime charges for features the manufacture built into the phone. We the consumer are boxed into a corner of making the decision to either adhere to companies such as Verizon whom have grown so big, but forget about keeping the consumer happy. Verizon needs to do a full up review of their policies / processes and look for ways to enhance and sustain current customer base. This will, if done right will grow the business once Verizon has enabled the BB8830, with full GPS capability (NO COST). Put the customer first and address this issue by showing current and potential customers Verizon stands behind their distributed products and LISTENS TO THE CUSTOMER is cases as such.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74

Quote Originally Posted by bq1985

What about the cost for the GPS service?? Verizon is still tap dancing around this issue. It amazes me how a successful company forgets about the customer base. What ever happened to "Customer Satisfaction"? I have no problems with the service coverage Verizon offers, it is the nickel and dime charges for features the manufacture built into the phone. We the consumer are boxed into a corner of making the decision to either adhere to companies such as Verizon whom have grown so big, but forget about keeping the consumer happy. Verizon needs to do a full up review of their policies / processes and look for ways to enhance and sustain current customer base. This will, if done right will grow the business once Verizon has enabled the BB8830, with full GPS capability (NO COST). Put the customer first and address this issue by showing current and potential customers Verizon stands behind their distributed products and LISTENS TO THE CUSTOMER is cases as such.
    The statement, is that the software for the device is free, NOT THE SERVICE>>>
    And yes, they are SHMOES!!!

berrysweet no está en línea Stack level 1

I am surprised no one has figured out a hack to enable the gps. I wouldn't even call it a hack, but an opening up of the ability to fully use the phone that is in fact yours. Could you imagine if someone sold you a keyboard and disabled the first 10 keys?

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I geve mine back and went with sprint.

garthbrooks no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bq1985

Already talked to Steven they all read precanned messages and do not deviate from them. I asked him if his legal team wrote what he was saying, and I heard a gasp and than are there any other questions.

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

i have a question..... i am looking in to loading the new verzion os software into my bell 8830... would that effect my gps functionality?

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Quote Originally Posted by inc188
    i have a question..... i am looking in to loading the new verzion os software into my bell 8830... would that effect my gps functionality?
    no, the gps lockout will only affect the carriers phone and not yours

Voltaic Shock no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31856C9E
    You could try signing the petition, not sure if this will work though. The link is in my sig.

psiplon no está en línea Stack level 1

Google Maps Works with GPS...

I am confused, and new to Pinstack, I also could not get BB_Maps to work but coming from a 7250 I downloaded Google Mobile Maps and clicked "My Location" and it showed me (via gps) my location.

Am I missing some sort of funtionality that would be there if BB_Maps worked?

I am pretty happy... I think...

Voltaic Shock no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31856C9E
    Quote Originally Posted by psiplon View Post
    I am confused, and new to Pinstack, I also could not get BB_Maps to work but coming from a 7250 I downloaded Google Mobile Maps and clicked "My Location" and it showed me (via gps) my location.

Am I missing some sort of funtionality that would be there if BB_Maps worked?

I am pretty happy... I think...
    Google Maps just used the cell towers to find your location within so many meters.

If you hit "My Locatin" it will put a dot on the map saying your location within 1700 meters or something along those lines.

psiplon no está en línea Stack level 1
    I figured it was not that simple, thanks!

So...... YEAH! where do I sign this petition to turn on GPS!!!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Send Verizon peanuts? They are nuts already !!!
    One person said that the price of ricin is dropping !

JK ! ?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ^ haha, just switch to sprint.....
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    Quote Originally Posted by premiumo0o View Post
    Hey don't worry about sending emails and harrassing verizon, they already have a software update coming out to unlock the gps. I would expect to see it within the next month or so, they announced this I believe around June 15th.
    where did you get this information from? Everything i've read and from speaking to workers in the store they are planning on charging a monthly fee from now on and they don't care if you are pissed about it.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I do agree verizon should stop locking snd deleting features, like GPS, WIFI, etc. But honestly I have never had a better service as far as coverage and such a good tech support team as VZW. Ill wait for the updates and just stick with what I got for now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123