The BB 8830 from VZW is really starting to piss me off... First its the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

presmmbb no está en línea Stack level 1

Question VZW 8830 Echo or hear nothing on calls

Advertisement

The BB 8830 from VZW is really starting to piss me off...

First its the call out/in @ the same time issue, now its:

I would have to say about 10% of my calls all i hear is an echo, doesnt matter if I'm on an earpiece, bluetooth or just using the phone normally. The other side doesnt hear a thing and get everything on my end echoed back to me.

Another 10% of the calls go through but i dont hear a thing no ring no nothing, the otherside gets the call but they dont hear a thing.

At least the other side doesnt hear me cursing out the phone on my end (that wouldnt be good for business, although I am not sure how good this is).

I am trying to run a business off my phone, and i have to say I love VZW, i have had them almost 2 years with no problems (something like 5 dropped calls in 22 months) but this phone just sucks...

Anyone else have these problems, know a work around or a fix?

Thanks

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: VZW 8830 Echo or hear nothing on calls

I haven't experienced anything like this, so I'm really not going to be much help. The only time I've ever had an echo was when I had my volume turned all the way up by accident. I turned it down and everything was fine, and it's still at a level I can hear perfectly.

Best of luck.

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

I have gotten the echo on 2 calls during the first 30 days I used the 8830. That was it though - all other calls were fine. On both of the calls the other party could hear me.

pncboy no está en línea Stack level 1

I get periodic echos. Sometimes it is due to the person being called having me on speaker and sometimes I need to reconnect. It is not a prevalent problem for me, though.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 8820 with AT&T and am about to receive my fourth one. The first one I could not go to home screen while on call, and would reboot on its own and go into the white screen of death.
    The second one had the same problem "all calls would echo" regardless if from cell or land line. I think that the problem is with the units 8820/8830.
    The third one has a totally different problem (track ball).