Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by RuneMaximus Just went to vzam dot net/blackberry selected the update from 11/19/2007 ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5

Re: VZ Navigator For 8830 on 11/8 !!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RuneMaximus View Post
    Just went to vzam dot net/blackberry selected the update from 11/19/2007 downloaded the vznav app off the default homepage and took a total of maybe 30 mins mins to update, afterwards vznav is on screen open spashscreen show version 2.9.8 build 140 and then goes back to icons
    You have to go into the application permissions and change them from custom to allow. Then pull the battery for a reboot

shelfman no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by johnck78 View Post
    You have to go into the application permissions and change them from custom to allow. Then pull the battery for a reboot
    did this but still VZnav shows splash screen and then closes after a few seconds returning me to icon screen

RuneMaximus no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CF3A9A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks after 40 mins online with level 1 wdts to get tansfer to lvel 2 they told me that in 30 seconds.. Lol after that love the nav on my 8830 as comparied to my samsung U620

shelfman no está en línea Stack level 1

deleted vznav and reloaded. now working without problems.

RevC no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: VZ Navigator For 8830 on 11/8 !!

VZNAVIGATOR FINALLY WORKING ON BB 8830

I was going thru the same problem as shelfman, except for the fact that reinstalling and setting application permissions did nothing for me**

After doing the software update from www dot vzam dot net/blackberry, I let the update software do a full restore of all my apps and PIM info. I then proceded to install VZNavigator. The application installed succesfully, when I'd run it, it'd show the VZNav splash screen for two seconds then disappear, just like shelfman above

Hard reset didn't work, and setting the permissions didn't do jack either.

This time around I:
    * Wiped Handheld

* Downloaded application (for the fith time ) after removing and readding VZNav feature by calling Customer Service (employee phone team to be exact)

* Set permisions to allow for the following: Connections, Interactions, User Data
    -To do this go to Options or settings => Advanced Options => Applications => VZNavi. => BB button => Edit permissions

* Turn location on: Options or Settings => Advanced Options => GPS => set GPS Services to Location on

The only difference from the other times I tried this was that I downloaded the application after having the feature turned on on my account (billing system).

In reality this application should work regardless of what order you do that in. And the fact that it work for shelfman after re-installing it a second time, but not for me, tells me that there's going to be a lot of people having different problems and different solutions. YOUR JUST GONNA HAVE TO KEEP TRYING TILL YOU GET IT.

If anyone finds that adding the feature first then downloading works best please let me know.

tracktime no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same issue as Rev C with only seeing the splash screen for a second or two and then it would go back to the main BB menu. The solution for me was to just edit the permissions as he outlined to allow. From that point the VZ Nav would load.

I have to say this forum saves me a lot of grief.

Regards,

Alan

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon says to download O.S. 4.2.2 176 and it should allow navigator to work. Download site:
    www.vzam.net/blackberry. Going to do mine tonight, wish me luck.

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~uploaded the new os then added vznav to my account and downloaded the app. Works great for me. No problems

msbeshears no está en línea Stack level 1

new member...your information great. Just loaded vzn however I'm on my company's BES and the Interactions option has 4 components that default to DENY and I'm not allowed to change them for some reason. Anyone experiencing the same? Any solution? Perhaps my BES IT group needs to change something for me?

cary2238 no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried above suggestions but am still unable to run vzn. Vzw wasn't much help. They gave me a case number 2 days ago, and still nothing. Anyone have any other tips to try?

squonks no está en línea Stack level 1

Had same issues as everyone posting. After reinstalling the software update and VZ Navigator, I went to Options/Advanced Options/Applications/VZ Navigator. You then need to go into the Navigator options and enable all the check boxes. Once I did this, I was able to access Navigator. It is frustrating but nonetheless it works.

cary2238 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am unable to enable the 2nd option (can't remember which one it is). I have wiped my handheld and reinstalled several times. I guess I'm a hopeless cause.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I am really hoping with all this new software that someone will figure out this gps stuff to get it for free with bb maps or google maps.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

From what I've read so far about the VZ Navigator and those that have installed it, it's using more tower triangulation (and only Verizon network towers) than the actual built in GPS. It really doesn't sound like it's worth it to me, 10 bucks a month for that or a BT puck for $80-100 that has FULL GPS. I guess I'm disappointed :-(.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I finally was able to get my VZN wokring after walking into the VZW store for assistance. Come to find out there was an application that I had on my Berry that was comflicting the operation of the VZN. If you have something called DialedIN (not sure if that is 100% correct...I never used it and can't really remember what the heck it was for) on your berry...delete it and you should be good to go.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast