I have a client whose BIS emails and voicemails all go into the "messages" inbox. ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

damadhatter no está en línea Stack level 2

Voicemails & Emails messages in seperate folders

Advertisement

I have a client whose BIS emails and voicemails all go into the "messages" inbox. How can they have it so voicemails only go in the "messages" inbox? I don't know much about BIS (more of a BES guy myself) I am able to have a seperate icon for just email, but the user is horrible with technology and hates going through all of her email to find a voicemail.

Phone is a Blackberry 8830 World Edition from Verizon

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    does she have a third party app that is sending her voicemail in email format?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    does she have a third party app that is sending her voicemail in email format?
    No

PIN/ID
    ATA
    so when you say voicemail, do you just mean the fact that she had a missed call and it shows in emails?

you can turn off call logging and it will only show up in call log (or when you press the green call button once)

so when you say voicemail, do you just mean the fact that she had a missed call and it shows in emails?

you can turn off call logging and it will only show up in call log (or when you press the green call button once)
    No when it shows she has a voicemail with the date/time in the "messages" inbox (I know she can just look at the little voicemail icon with the number next to it) but she is very bad with technology and is begging to have it this way.

BTW how do I turn off the call logging like you mentioned?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    well, if you turn off call logging, she won't see that anymore in the 'messages' inbox.

open up the call log by pressing the green call button, click menu/options and choose call logging. there are three choices, choose none and click menu/save.

that will take the call logging out of her messages box and ONLY place them in the call log box (which either has a shortcut via the homescreen or you can get to it by just clicking the green call button once)

well, if you turn off call logging, she won't see that anymore in the 'messages' inbox.

open up the call log by pressing the green call button, click menu/options and choose call logging. there are three choices, choose none and click menu/save.

that will take the call logging out of her messages box and ONLY place them in the call log box (which either has a shortcut via the homescreen or you can get to it by just clicking the green call button once)

But where will the voicemail message telling you the time/date of the voicemail go?

I am basically looking to get my BIS emails to stop coming into the "messages" inbox so only sms,mms & voicemails show in there

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by damadhatter View Post
    I am basically looking to get my BIS emails to stop coming into the "messages" inbox so only sms,mms & voicemails show in there
    I don't believe that is possible. All messages flow through the main Messages folder.

warrior062 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go into your options in the messages app and go to general settings and make sure sms and emails are "seperated"