Can someone tell me how to stop getting a text message everytime I get a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

kcschultz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    At rest

Voicemail SMS Message

Advertisement

Can someone tell me how to stop getting a text message everytime I get a voicemail? I'm on verizon.

Thanks,
    Kevin

mothy no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Voicemail SMS Message

What do you mean by text message? Do you get a notification in your messages inbox?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Voicemail SMS Message

It happens with the Sprint BB's as well, whenever there is a new voicemail, the system generates an sms in addition to the normal voicemail icon. It doesn't cost anything, even if you don't have a text message plan, but it is annoying as hell, since now you have a new sms in your message inbox every time you get a voicemail.
    What makes it annoying is all it says is 'new voicemail', it would be tremendously useful on the other hand if the text included info on the caller who left the message. Strangely enough, this does not happen with other non BB phones, even with a text plan. I wonder if the BES only crowd gets the same text messages.

The only way I know( I used the setting when I did not have a text plan) is options>security>firewall: 1.enable on top, 2.mark the SMS box>menu and save. This is only available on 4.2 or higher and unfortunately will block all incoming text messages.

I have read that some folks have had success calling their carrier's advanced support and having them block the system generated SMS, but to me this becomes a risk of them misunderstanding what you want and botching something in your account. I'd rather now just live with it.

Sorry I did not have a more positive answer...I'm gonna have more coffee now.

j33t3rz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b45e8f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't know about verizon but on t mobile if you call your voicemail and go to options you can turn paging notifications on or off, hope this helps

evanpelt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318278B3
    Quote Originally Posted by huracan View Post
    It happens with the Sprint BB's as well, whenever there is a new voicemail, the system generates an sms in addition to the normal voicemail icon. It doesn't cost anything, even if you don't have a text message plan, but it is annoying as hell, since now you have a new sms in your message inbox every time you get a voicemail.
    What makes it annoying is all it says is 'new voicemail', it would be tremendously useful on the other hand if the text included info on the caller who left the message. Strangely enough, this does not happen with other non BB phones, even with a text plan. I wonder if the BES only crowd gets the same text messages.

The only way I know( I used the setting when I did not have a text plan) is options>security>firewall: 1.enable on top, 2.mark the SMS box>menu and save. This is only available on 4.2 or higher and unfortunately will block all incoming text messages.

I have read that some folks have had success calling their carrier's advanced support and having them block the system generated SMS, but to me this becomes a risk of them misunderstanding what you want and botching something in your account. I'd rather now just live with it.

Sorry I did not have a more positive answer...I'm gonna have more coffee now.
    The "BES Crowd" gets them too... It is nice that it gives the number of vm's.