Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone have any luck getting video on their 8830? i've tried encoding multiple videos with ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

clamder no está en línea Stack level 1

video on 8830?

Advertisement

anyone have any luck getting video on their 8830? i've tried encoding multiple videos with the blackberry video encoder and also the mediacoder... no luck

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: video on 8830?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you tried http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo

clamder no está en línea Stack level 1

bbvideo doesn't work for vzw 8830. i had to use the blackberry desktop software 4.2 sp2 as it includes roxio's media manager. it converted most of my avi's without a problem.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I have only attempted one video with the Roxio Media Manager, while the interface is nice, it failed to convert the video properly. It was an XVID encoded AVI. After conversion it would not play on the BB. It seemed like too much work to try converting the video to another codec since the automatic settings didn't work out.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

is your roxio EXTREMELY slow? I have to wait like 5 min for it to start up and recognize the device. Its installed on my work computer which is locked down by corporate so that might be the reason.

BuddyZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by clamder
    anyone have any luck getting video on their 8830? i've tried encoding multiple videos with the blackberry video encoder and also the mediacoder... no luck
    I agree, nothing seems to encode properly. I have also tried MediaCoder 0.5.1 with a bunch of different settings. Over the years I've converted tons of videos from one format to another so I really know what I'm doing, but I can't get ANYTHING to play on the 8830.

Very frustrating. Someone please tell us what we're doing wrong..... Or what VZW did wrong.

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

I have converted a couple of videos to .3GP format and it is working great. To me, the Roxio software is a bit clunky, and time consuming if doing the conversion when adding files, but so far the end result has been a pretty good experience for me.

My device is password protected, and enabling the mass storage media creates delays connecting my device. A bit frustrating typing in my password 3 times (DM, Roxio, and on the device) but well worth it.

Has anybody noticed while using the MP3 Capabilities, and doing email. If I get new emails, and view one, then my song changes to next on my list. lol. Wondering if this is a feature...

PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

BTW... I converted AVI files to 3gp, formatted at 320 x 240.. Each file is roughly 100mb.. So far so good.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Hey dolphinrich, is the AVI file a video from Media Center by chance? Anyone tried converting one yet? I have a media center PC and would really love it if I could drop my recorded TV onto the 8830 (which I don't have yet!)

PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

My AVI's were not from Media Center. You can try using "ImTOO 3GP Video Converter" Google it, and download.. Full version is $29. Works pretty well.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

This really looks like it's going to work! This will convert DVR-MS (Recorded TV from Media Center PC) to MPEG! WOO HOO! (Trying my first one now)

http://www.download.com/DVRMSToolbox...ml?tag=tab_pub

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Alas, my prior shot didn't work... but I found another that did! It cost me $40, but WELL worth it. It shrinks it converts, and practically blows kisses while doing it! Worked great! (Slow, but most of this software is)

http://www.topvideopro.com/software/...v_avi_mpeg.htm

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Ok... so odd circumstance. dolphinrich, I just went to one of the sites you suggested, www.blackberrymovies.com and I downloaded one of the "free" movies just to test out. It wouldn't play and it's in .3gp format. = (

PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

I had good luck with that site in the past, as I mentioned. I dont administer the site, so I am not able to validate the content.

PIN/ID
    woodi68

Well, I'm not so sure it's a content problem. It seems I just can't play 3GP files. ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast