I work for a huge co that fights technology.. very few ppl can have bb, ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

agibbons2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verz. 8830 and Co Lotus Notes Synch?

Advertisement

I work for a huge co that fights technology.. very few ppl can have bb, and those who do have to pay about $50mo t-mobile fee and $50 co tech support fee, plus tmoble bb cant be used as phone,mp3,gps,etc... I have a verizon 8830, of which I have my lotus notes forwarded to, only problem is that when I send somebody a note it says "reply to ___@gmail.com..." which raises the red flag. Does anyone know how to block that reply to note from coming up in lotus note? The bigger Q is does anyone know how to activate/synch my non-company supported device with lotus notes. When I go to bb internet site and add my work email account, it says it works but never goes through... dont want to hack the system, just want to play in the grey area.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Verz. 8830 and Co Lotus Notes Synch?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I sympathize with you for having to use Lotus Notes. It breaks my heart whenever I hear of people being subjected to it. I too have the Lotus Notes knife in my back and am forced to use GMail for all my external email. I just tell my vendors and suppliers that my company email is unreliable and if they want to guarantee that I actually receive their emails then send correspondence to GMail.

There is no intended sarcasm in the above statements--its just how I have to operate to be able to do my job.

Having gotten that off my chest, in your GMail setting > Accounts you can set the "Reply-to-Address (optional)" to be whatever you want.

thanks for feeling my pain. Have you found anyway to get you bb synched to lnotes w/o using gmail? I need access to my lnotes calendar and email, but cant get bb to connect to lnotes system.

In general nothing works with Lotus Notes. Vendors come in all the time telling about the wonderful integration there product has with email. Then we say we have Lotus Notes and they just pack up and leave.

If you company does not have Blackberry Enterprise Server for Lotus Notes then you are already doing the best you can.

they have BES, but will not allow just any device. they only give security clearnace to tmobile device purchased from them, and I have to pay about $100 mo fee.... I have mail rule setup now in ln to forward email to my bb, I can send/rec calendar invites, get all my email, but when I return the note it always says in a little box "reply to ____@gmail.com" any help would be great.

As I said above, in GMail change the Reply-To address. This will chnage what the receiving party sees from GMail to whatever you type into this field.