Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SOLVED: It turns out that I have an unbelievable number of chargers that, if not ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

aa777888 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

SOLVED:

It turns out that I have an unbelievable number of chargers that, if not broken, at least appear incompatible with the Blackberry. 4 out of 6 chargers I had on hand did not work, including the OEM charger that came in the box with the 'berry. That really threw me off! The travel and car chargers that I had for my old XV6700 did not work. At this point I thought the phone itself was broken. I also bought a third party desktop charger from BlackberryDen.com that did not work.

What did work: my USB cable and another car charger. Hmmmm. I went down to the Verizon store and they swapped out my OEM Blackberry charger. Now that works.

So it appears that I now have a travel (OEM), car and USB charger that works. All I have to do now is see if BlackberryDen will replace the bad desktop unit.

Unbelievable!

Thanks to all who replied,

aa

sebastian2433 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hmmm I need to try this. Ive been having the same problem recently with the exact same phone. Its wierd because I've used only the charger that came with the bb.

aces4me no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by aa777888 View Post
    My Verizon 8830 takes 12 hours or more to charge from 50% to 100%.

I've tried two different batteries so that's not it, and the batteries charge up rapidly in an external charger.

I've tried 3 different chargers including the Blackberry charger and all act the same.

I now have another phone from Verizon which I haven't activated yet and it does the same thing.

Is it normal for it to take this long? It's a huge pain because the battery can never recover via a normal overnight charge and every few days I have to leave it on the charger for two days straight to recover.

Thanks,

aa
    This is not normal since verizon runs on a different data connection EVDO it probably trick the phone to act like its 75% full. All cellphone has a meter that is link to ahm on the battery. Example 1200ahm,1400ahm,1700ahm s the higher the number the more time it needs.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

malluowl no está en línea Stack level 1
    nope thats not normal. Get a new phone, hope you have insurance.

sohailahmed no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have 8830 and unfortunately I am facing the same kind of problem with my blackberry. It used to get charged amazingly couple of days ago and now I have to connect it for hours to get a brick of it getting chareged. I have tried it with multiple chargers as well as including the USB ones but doesnt work. It shows that its getting charged and after 2 hours I see it getting charged just to level one.

Please provide me with a solution folks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12