I noticed the OS was updated (4.2.2) on the SmithMicro site on 5/30/2008. Unfortunately, the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

nautis no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Verizon OS Update

Advertisement

I noticed the OS was updated (4.2.2) on the SmithMicro site on 5/30/2008. Unfortunately, the update killed my phone. The radio now turns itself off after about 30 seconds. If I turn it back on, it turns itself off again. Verizon is overnighting me a new phone but it's crazy that the radio would only work intermittently. Has anyone else heard of this happening? I hope no one else has to go through this.

BTW, this is my 2nd replacement in the past 6 months. <sigh>

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I just put the new update on my phone without any issues. I have to admit I'm not really sure what it was supposed to fix though. Honestly for my 8830 the only thing left that bothers me is the ringer volume. Oh well I guess.

But to restate I've had no issues.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I downloaded the latest OS from sprint which I think is the same version number and all it was supposed to address was the connectivity issue with the networks.....nothin else major....and as always we CDMA users wait forever for a major OS uprade =(

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    I just put the new update on my phone without any issues. I have to admit I'm not really sure what it was supposed to fix though. Honestly for my 8830 the only thing left that bothers me is the ringer volume. Oh well I guess.

But to restate I've had no issues.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Download the Latest OS Enhancements for Your BlackBerry 8830 Smartphone
    Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce new software enhancements for
    your BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone.
    The RIM® OS v4.2.2.196 (Platform 3.0.0.84) update includes the latest feature improvements for your device.

To ensure the best possible user experience, Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion encourage you to download and install the free update now.

The latest OS update:
    • Improves location-based services(LBS) and VZ Navigator performance. SM
    • Provides support for 2GB and 8GB microSDcards.
    • Displays Chinese carrier names with Chinese characters when
    connected to a GSM network.
    •Makes upgrading software on the device quicker and easier.

To download the software update, please visit vzam.net/blackberry.
    BlackBerry 8830 World Edition smartphone

NsmB14360608 Network details & coverage maps at vzw.com. © 2008 Verizon Wireless. All company names, trademarks, logos, and copyrights not property of Verizon Wireless are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
    The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images, and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Ltd.—used by permission.

skottie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having a problem. Ever since I update software on my 8830 I have not been able to call out to Jamaica. I keep getting a message that says; "I'm sorry but your acall cannot be completed by Verizon Wireless", even though I have been paying for the privelege. Anyone having the same problem? And if so can anyone help?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by skottie View Post
    I'm having a problem. Ever since I update software on my 8830 I have not been able to call out to Jamaica. I keep getting a message that says; "I'm sorry but your acall cannot be completed by Verizon Wireless", even though I have been paying for the privelege. Anyone having the same problem? And if so can anyone help?
    I'd give VZW a call on that one, they may be able to help you refresh your features.

hollie91999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just updated my OS and now my web browser has disappeared, anyone else have this problem. I am trying to figure it out. HELP....

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Resend ur service books~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~