Is anyone having serious volume issues with the Verizon world edition? Ringtones and even preloaded ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

johnfr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3018B884

Verizon 8830 World Edition

Advertisement

Is anyone having serious volume issues with the Verizon world edition? Ringtones and even preloaded ringtones are so low I can't hear my phone ring. All settings were adjusted but still not even close to what the 7130 had for volume. The volume in the music player is great, but same song played through a ringtone is not even close.

Any suggestions?

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Verizon 8830 World Edition

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have not noticed any issues with my 8830. My ringtones actually seem to be louder than the media player. I have just used original settings. I did not adjust any volumes just set to loud and chose tone. Sorry I could not help

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

I think mine are ok too, but I've heard others complain about this too. Search the forum. There was a thread posted by someone with instructions on a piece of software to raise to volume of particular media files. All greek to me, but it might be of interest to you.

johnfr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3018B884

thanks, I have yet to answer my phone from an incoming call due to low volume. If you happen to find the thread, please forward it to me. I'll begin searching.

ChilangoenNYC no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd also like to know b/c the ring tone is fairly low on mine as well.

Also, I know that this has been a problem with other BBs, but is anyone able to read HTML email on the 8830?

The emails arrive. I can see who they're from and the Subject field is filled in, but the body of the message appears blank.

Are others having this problem as well? Or should I say in addition to the low volume?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

HTML emails are not possible on BlackBerrys. So it's not a "problem" just a feature that doesn't exist. I guess RIM says that HTML emails pose virus risks as well as the high byte volume would comsume more memory in the device to store.

I'll take a look for the volume issue. It may have been on the "other" BB forum.

davefox73 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Verizon 8830 World Edition

I am also experiencing a very low volume ring tone at the highest setting. It is really unacceptable. I called Verizon customer service to register my complaint. The CS rep said he had been receiving a number of calls with the same complaint. Said he would call RIM to find out when they would have a software patch and then call me back. He never called back. Anybody else heard back regarding if there is going to be a fix and if so when?

JustLeft no está en línea Stack level 2

I haven't heard about a fix for the volume issue. I agree that the volume is low on the ringer. As others have stated, it is odd since the overall volume of the phone is fine. For instance, when on speaker phone the volume is very loud. I have to turn mine down. However, for ring tones it is pretty quiet. While I can hear mine while I am carrying it, it is difficult to hear if it is sitting on my desk, set to loud, and I am more than 10 feet away. Hopefully RIM will address this.