Results 1 to 8 of 8

Should I hold out hope that Verizon will ever offer the 8830 with a camera?... BlackBerry 8830 forum

  1. #1
    jamesbrass's Avatar
    jamesbrass no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    Advertisement



    Should I hold out hope that Verizon will ever offer the 8830 with a camera?

  2. #2
    jdellasala's Avatar
    jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,573

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    the 8830 is an 8800 that works on both the CDMA (Verizon) and GSM (global) cellular networks. No camera. The Pearl is the only BlackBerry that currently has a 1.5Mp camera, and the 8300 which is slated to come out next month (GSM - Cingular, etc.) will have a 2Mb camera.
    .
    JerryD

  3. #3
    fbriceno97's Avatar
    fbriceno97 Guest

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    the 8830 is an 8800 that works on both the CDMA (Verizon) and GSM (global) cellular networks. No camera. The Pearl is the only BlackBerry that currently has a 1.5Mp camera, and the 8300 which is slated to come out next month (GSM - Cingular, etc.) will have a 2Mb camera.
    The pearl camera is 1.3MP..

    cheers

  4. #4
    jamesbrass's Avatar
    jamesbrass no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    I think I'm waiting for the 8300 Curve to show up at Verizon then. Thanks.

  5. #5
    cwax's Avatar
    cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    Posts
    4,513

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrass
    I think I'm waiting for the 8300 Curve to show up at Verizon then. Thanks.
    Don't hold your breath; met with one of our Verizon reps at WES and i asked him how soon for an 8100 or 8300 model from Verizon; he said maybe towards the end of the year; they're gonna push the 8830 bigtime for now




  6. #6
    li2327's Avatar
    li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    I just got the 8830. It's a wonderful investment. You will not be sorry if you get it!!!
    ]

  7. #7
    miro's Avatar
    miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A
    Posts
    75

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    Don't hold your breath; met with one of our Verizon reps at WES and i asked him how soon for an 8100 or 8300 model from Verizon; he said maybe towards the end of the year; they're gonna push the 8830 bigtime for now
    A VZW Pearl!!! By the end of the year!!! Oh, maybe Its still good enough for me. I will rough it with my 7130e which is the best phone I have ever had for the potential opportunity to get a PEARL.
    thanks for the update.

  8. #8
    tburke's Avatar
    tburke no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    30086087
    Posts
    19

    Re: Verizon 8830 w/ Camera?

    Yeah, the 8800 series, including the 8830 will never have a camera. Look to the 8300 series for a camera.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •