Hello. Please forgive me if this has been covered or should be obvious. I have ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

8830user no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Verizon 8830 using it abroad

Advertisement

Hello. Please forgive me if this has been covered or should be obvious. I have a Verizon 8830. It has no service at the moment. I am planning to visit Denmark next month. Can I take an unactivated BB and use a local sim card to get service while there? I was given the unlocking code a while back and did in fact unlock it with a borrowed sim card (if this makes a difference). Thank you for any help you can provide!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I can't imagine why not. The 8830 was designed to go world-wide. As long as it isn't locked to Verizon, I can't see why it wouldn't work.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

8830user no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was thinking the lack of current service would be an issue when using a local sim card. I saw some posts of people with unlocked phones who had trouble using their phone internationally because they did not set up an international plan with Verizon to transfer from (to a local sim card) before leaving the states. Maybe those problems had additional issues. I will try it and report back.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The question was with an unlocked, unactivated 8830, would it work overseas with a SIM card local to that area. To that extent, yes, it should work.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS