My BB 8830 randomly shuts itself off about 2-4 times a'll always restart, 90% ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Seanmtx no está en línea Stack level 2

Verizon 8830 Random Shutoffs??

My BB 8830 randomly shuts itself off about 2-4 times a'll always restart, 90% of the time on it's own.

Sometimes it loses all the call logs (all emails stay, as they are on my company's Enterprise Server), but that seems to be about all that it loses.

I'm on (Platform

I know I can update my software, but won't that break my link to my company server?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

And when is the dang Bold coming out for Verizon so I can get it!?

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    just ask
    Hardware issue. Had the same problem when I had my 8830 I just ended up getting rid of it. If you're lucky your phone may still be under warranty and may be able to be replaced. I dropped my phone a lot and I think personally thats what caused it to start acting up like that.

frankybeenz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Definitely hardware related .... I had the same issue with my 8830WE .... brought it to Verizon Wireless .... they looked at it and replaced it with a new 8830WE. Have had the new one for a day or two, and no issues ..... yet !?!?!?!?

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    No problems yet with mine, call techsupport and get them to transfer you to BB Support if they dont help, VZW BB Support can transfer you right to RIM.

it may be a defective device
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900