Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You cannot receive MMS messages on an 8830 because the device does not have a ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: verizon 8830 and MMS

Advertisement

You cannot receive MMS messages on an 8830 because the device does not have a camera. You should however receive an email telling you that you have an MMS picture, and you can click on the link, create an account and see the picture that was sent to you.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

no blackberry model can view view HTML emails out the box but there are third party software to do that no you sould be able to view a mms just not send one

klystron2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ofelas View Post
    Since this a VZW thread -

Anyone know how to prevent getting a text message notifying me when I get a voicemail? The voicemail icon on the screen is plenty notification for me...LOL...

Did you ever figure out how not to get a text message when you receive a VM? I have been trying to stop that annoyance also.

jabbawabba no está en línea Stack level 3

In Verizon's warped logic..... Since the 8830 does not have a camera, it cannot receive or send MMS messages. Retarded..... but thats Verizon for you. You can go to a WAP site at the following address to veiw the picture. Not the easiest solution, but better than nothing.

http://www.vzwpix.com/wap/

almondbrowne no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah this sucks. I tried to use bluetooth to transfer mp3 ringtones from the 8830 to my LG enV and it said transfer complete but I couldn't find the files on my LG enV? Any ideas as to why this didn't work since the MMS messages doesn't work (b/c I was going to try that).

ZPrime no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by klystron2 View Post
    Did you ever figure out how not to get a text message when you receive a VM? I have been trying to stop that annoyance also.
    According to the VZW business PDA support people, it's not possible.

They can disable "voicemail notification," but then not only does the TXT message go away, you ALSO lose the handy little voicemail indicator icon. I want the indicator but not the text, and the two different business support people I've asked say it's not possible due to how the notification works.

My guess - if you could somehow get a BB activated with unlimited data but NOT have it "marked as a Blackberry" then it might work. I surmise that they have a flag in the system that IF phone is on BB plan THEN when vmail indicator is set ALSO send text message notifier.

You don't get any text message if you're using a different PDA with GoodLink or straight Exchange connection on an unlimited plan, so there has to be a way to disable it, but I'm guessing it's irreversibly tied in to the BB plans.

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5835C

Hmmm... I get a voicemail indicator as well as a text notifying me that I have a Voicemail, when I delete the text, the indicator stays on until I clear the message from the voicemail system. MMS is very frustrating on this device. I hate geting a link to the wap site to look at a picture. The worst part is I never know who the message is from until I return home to check it on my PC.

pgregory no está en línea Stack level 1

If you go onto the BIS page for verizon, bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw you can create a blackberry.net email address (BlackBerry Device Email Address). Have people send the MMS's to that address, you'll get notified instantly and you can view the attachment (the image) they're sending. Thats the closest you'll come to MMS on the 8830 with verizon. For some reason, replying back doesnt work too well though.

Also works great for true instant push emails true to the corporate blackberry speed.

jsntrenkler no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C5835C

Quote Originally Posted by pgregory View Post
    If you go onto the BIS page for verizon, bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw you can create a blackberry.net email address (BlackBerry Device Email Address). Have people send the MMS's to that address, you'll get notified instantly and you can view the attachment (the image) they're sending. Thats the closest you'll come to MMS on the 8830 with verizon. For some reason, replying back doesnt work too well though.

Also works great for true instant push emails true to the corporate blackberry speed.
    Great Advice! ...I have my Verizon Blackberry address and honestly don't use it for much.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just so everyone knows. I jumped from
    AT&T to Verizon and this issue sucks! I have spent wasted hours on phone and in person at a main store with techs on site! I actually knew more than everyone and that is sad! They didn't even know that the posted link below was on their own website! The link below is suppose to solve this issue, however you will find that you are locked out from disabling your firewall ... thanks again to Verizon!

http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...olve%20this%3F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12