I downloaded and installed the latest version 4.3 (from both the Blackberry and Verizon site), ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

jignak no está en línea Stack level 1

Question v4.3 - Shared folder missing

Advertisement

I downloaded and installed the latest version 4.3 (from both the Blackberry and Verizon site), but the Shared folder under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion is missing. Hence when I launch Desktop Manager to load the new OS, it says BB Desktop Software does not have BB Device software for the device...

What am I missing?

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I think you probably downloaded the v4.3 Desktop Software. 4.3 for the device has not been released yet.

That's what I thought - so I downloaded v4.2 SP2 Desktop Software and Device Manager (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do) but that didnt install the Shared folder either...

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    You're not going to see that folder for the device software until the actual updated device software is released and installed.

I am not sure I understand...

I got an 'App Error 200 Reset', so I wiped out my OS and am trying to reinstall - how do I do that - what version do I need to go back to? And where can I download the OS?

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Go to this site, download the device (not desktop) software for your particular device model and install that. After the install completes, launch the BB Desktop Manager, plug in your device and it should prompt you that there is updated software available. If not.....click App. Loader and follow the steps.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

The link takes me back to Verizon's site which only has the v4.3 Desktop s/w, not the OS. I got the 4.2(SP2) device s/w from the BB site, but that does not install the OS (Shared folder with the app files) either.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    There should be a button right underneath the desktop software that says device software, click that button and you'll see the s/w below for the device.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Look underneath the Desktop Software choices. The OS choices should be below them.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.