Hi have had the bb 8830 for almost a year now and been trying to ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

blais no está en línea Stack level 1

using 8830 as modem on vista

Advertisement

Hi have had the bb 8830 for almost a year now and been trying to use the device as a modem bluetooth and with the desktop manager. I have a sprint aircard that ran out so I have the broaddband dail conection software and everything I need. The probelm is setting the laptop options and settings and been doing research but have not found anything that help.used the dailup connection number #777 and did what you stackers said but having probelms still conecting if there is anything you guys can help me with this problem would help a lot.

Blais
    Pin-32C59BA7
    #-2703049078

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you receiving an error #67 or error #1012? If so, your phone has not been provisioned to use the PAM and you'll need to call Blackberry support to have it corrected or added on. I've used my 8830 to tether with Vista 32 and Vista 64 and never had a problem. I belive their number is 877-654-9111 option 2.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    You can download the new Sprint SmartView Connection Manager and connect with that, its super easy and no extra steps need to be set up. Go here once PAM is active... www.sprint.com/downloads

estuardo4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    You can download the new Sprint SmartView Connection Manager and connect with that, its super easy and no extra steps need to be set up. Go here once PAM is active... www.sprint.com/downloads
    OK. I can connect using the USB cable, but what I want (and it seems that the original poster also wants) is to connect using Bluetooth. I've downloaded the Sprint software, have the Desktop Manager to sync using Bluetooth, but I cannot connect, neither using the Desktop Manager nor the Smartview software.

Do any of you have any solution yet? I'm using the modified Bluetooth drivers listed on the Dev-Hack.com site, but I want to know if we ever will be able to connect with Bluetooth using Vista and PAM.

Thank you.

GB

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3
    The only way to connect with BT is you must not use the Vista BT drivers. I have the Fujitsu U810 and it came with Toshiba bluetooth drivers which have the DUN to use with BT connections. The only thing is if you sync with Desktop manager with BT now; you won't be able to do that any longer because the DTM only sees the Vista BT drivers to connect to. I personally rather be able to use BT DUN when I don't want to use the USB cable and my BB 8830 as modem.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    My Toshiba Satellite came with Bluetooth stack as an option... and as we just
    saw, other machines do, too. Check yours!

estuardo4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    My Toshiba Satellite came with Bluetooth stack as an option... and as we just
    saw, other machines do, too. Check yours!
    Thank you,

The problem is that my Fujitsu came without a Bluetooth module, so I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle. I have it working with Dev-Hack.com drivers, but I wish for BlackBerry PAN support. Sight.