I am ready to jump ship from Nextel to sprint and get rid of this ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ranger951 no está en línea Stack level 1

upgrading from 7100i to 8830

Advertisement

I am ready to jump ship from Nextel to sprint and get rid of this suretype.
    I have a couple of questions.

Is the browsing going to be faster on the 8830 than I experience on my 7100i? The speed the pages load on my 7100i are barelly tolerable. I have compared it to my buddies treo and didn't notice much of a diference on page loads but was hoping the 8800 will be faster. I also want to use it for a modem once in a while.

The phone I really want is the curve but I don't want to go to Cingular. Does anyone think the curve will be out in the next few months?

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Re: upgrading from 7100i to 8830

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don' know anything about the Curve coming out on Sprint soon. But based on my change from the 7105t to the 8830 I have noticed a few things. I believe the software is written better on the 8830 thus the browser speed is faster especially when combined with a better processor. That being said, if the connectios in your area are weak you may only notice a slight difference. You can deffinately teather your BB to your computer, just be prepared for the extra fees. I do not know what Sprint charges, but Verizon is a bit high. I hope this helps some. Let me know if you have other questions about the 8830 I've had it for a few weeks now and like it better than any smartphone that I have had.

hotwhencold no está en línea Stack level 1

Sprint includes PAM (Phone as Modem) with all blackberry plans. So you save money there. You should notice a speed difference becasue the 7100 uses a slower speed.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

The 8830 uses EVDO speeds, compared to the 7100i that is like comparing a 2 year old on a tricycle to an adult on an Yamaha R1.

hotwhencold no está en línea Stack level 1

lol. What a great comparison. But very true.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

ranger, I as well have been thinking about upgrading to an 8830 with Sprint, but I love my 2-way as I use it to communicate with work, family and clients. If you get it, let us know how it goes and if it's worth the upgrade from the 7100i. I don't use suretype, I use multi-tap as I am very swift with typing on it

Best of luck.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

ranger951 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks, I am still on the fence. I love the 2 way and I found out today the only way I can get the phone for 199 is to open a new account. Nextel will give me a break but its not much. If I have to open another account then I might as well consider Cingular since they have the 8300. The problem is I have 11 phones and wanted to just switch my phone out and make the others wait to see if Nextel ever comes out with anything and then I could easily switch back.

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    The 8830 uses EVDO speeds, compared to the 7100i that is like comparing a 2 year old on a tricycle to an adult on an Yamaha R1.

wow.. im that 2 year old on a tricycle:cry: im just about to jump ship with Nextel too.. as much as I love the chirping.. i can live with out it, their blackberrys are old and outdated..