Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

From what i read (and tried) you just need to go to the advanced option ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

edecamp no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

From what i read (and tried) you just need to go to the advanced option and change the e911 location setting to the location setting. If you do this, the gps signal shows on on your desktop. My next question is: then what?

lentobeans no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B32231
    It now works with blackberry maps. Not a full unlock, but a step in the right direction!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

davesav no está en línea Stack level 1
    So whats the latest? Verizon gonna enable the GPS or what? My 8830 has GPS, and Google Maps is waiting for it, but is not getting signal..... whats the scoop?

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You'll need to wait and see if Google Maps updates their software to work with the Verizon LBS functionality. The Sprint and Alltel 8830 both have GPS functionality that works with Google Maps, Windows Live Maps, and Blackberry Maps. Verizon had the LBS disabled to force their customres to purchase the VZW Navigator software at $9.99 a month. Has anyone checked Windows Live Search? http://wls.live.com from the Blackberry Browser. I have Sprint phones so I'm curious.

thinkjerm no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just noticed the other day that my Verizon 8830 now has fully functional GPS while using Blackberry Maps. Is there anyway at this time to incorporate the GPS Functionality into Google Maps. When i use Google maps it just keeps saying GPS temporarily unavailable.

I am not sure if this is the same as what was discussed in the prior post, so if it is just let me know.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12