Our phone system sends a wav file as a attachment with unified messaging to my ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

SSPhone no está en línea Stack level 1

Unified Message Email wav attachment

Advertisement

Our phone system sends a wav file as a attachment with unified messaging to my email. I work off site so I am using a POP3 account. When the message is delievered it shows a attachment but it doesnt give the open attachment option. If I open the email in outlook and forward it to myself the email will resend and the attachment will be there (paper clip shows) and I am able to open and play the wav file.

Any ideas how I can get this to deliever on the first email?

Hello anyone

Holy cow thanks for all the great info. 86 views and no replys. Almost as good a Sprint tech support.
    Now I know this will ruffle some feathers with this type of reply because I Admin one of the largest Telecom Tech Support sites on the web with over 21K members but we atleast try to help a new poster if nothing else a kind word and a welcome post. Need help on you phone equipment come visit us at Sundance Tech Talk see if we can help.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Normally, we try to welcome newcomers also and to help them, However one of the ways we do that is to check the Unanswered Posts list, however, when you responded to your own post last week, it took it of the list so the Staff and members that use that method wouldn't see it. A lot of members, if they don't know the answer, will not add a post to say so. I just happened to catch you post today, and looked at it, not because I know how to help with unified message email notifications, but because I was curious as to what it was. I imagine a lot of 86 views were in the same situation and didn't happen to look at your join date or post count and just didn't welcome you and apologize for not being able to help.

Which I know have to do.

Sorry but I have no solution to offer.
    Rcbjr.

Sorry I can't help,
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

swantzilla no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just a stupid guess, does the BB look at the WAV file as a valid attachment that it can play? What if it was an MP3 attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by swantzilla View Post
    Just a stupid guess, does the BB look at the WAV file as a valid attachment that it can play? What if it was an MP3 attachment?
    If I forward it say from outlook or my web based email account the attachment shows and so does the open attachment option. Open the attachment and plays the wav no problem.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    That's odd, maybe it gets stuck in the bis some where? Or are u on a BES? i assume ur fwd to the same email addy as the first one is sent.

Not sure BIS or BES? But you assume correct. 1 POP3 email address if I forward to myself with outlook the attachment shows and can be opened and played.

OK the more I read the more I know. It is BIS and it is a Blackberry problem so looks like a call to RIM to solve. It doesnt matter what email account I send the email to with attachment it will not show a option to open the attachment. I have used everything from my websites email host to roadrunner to yahoo still nothing. If I find a solution I will post up.

UPDATE
    After many trials I think we have this solved. The WAV attachments are being sent and received and can be played on the 8830.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Nice. Was it a rim problem? It was gettin stuck eh. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jstordahl no está en línea Stack level 1
    What was the fix? Same problem here. Wav file attached via unified messaging. I see the attachment on the BB but no option to open the attachment. I can play a wav file on the device. Emails are coming from a BES via hosted exchange.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I had a similar problem with an 8830 user. He could not play .wav attachments, but other BB models could. For some reason the 8000 series is just different, I had to update the windows media player on my BES for the added codec support.