does any one know how to get to the BACKSIDE of the PCB that the ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

schollianmj no está en línea Stack level 1

trackball problem, not the normal remove and wipe off rollers though...

Advertisement

does any one know how to get to the BACKSIDE of the PCB that the trackball sensors are on? I can take the entire thing apart, and separate the main PCB that houses the speakers and what not, but the part that has the keyboard lights and the actual sensors for the ball seems to be glued to a metal backing plate that I cant get out.

Right now my 8830 is in 11 pieces... remove the battery, remove T-5 screws, pry off side rails, remove front and back caseings, unhook main PCB connector and remove main PCB... that is the state my phone is in now. trying to get the keyboard/trackball PCB off its metal backing so I can clean off the contacts on the back.

When I took the Phone apart i found a bit of goey stuff like soda on the inside under the keyboard and can only assume there is corrosion on the back of the trackball sensors causing it to malfunction. basically when I try to scroll the cursor around it is erratic and will NOT go where I want it to. this phone is an Ebay special so I cant take it to Verizon for warranty work.

NoRemorse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31795d7d
    Quote Originally Posted by schollianmj View Post
    does any one know how to get to the BACKSIDE of the PCB that the trackball sensors are on? I can take the entire thing apart, and separate the main PCB that houses the speakers and what not, but the part that has the keyboard lights and the actual sensors for the ball seems to be glued to a metal backing plate that I cant get out.

Right now my 8830 is in 11 pieces... remove the battery, remove T-5 screws, pry off side rails, remove front and back caseings, unhook main PCB connector and remove main PCB... that is the state my phone is in now. trying to get the keyboard/trackball PCB off its metal backing so I can clean off the contacts on the back.

When I took the Phone apart i found a bit of goey stuff like soda on the inside under the keyboard and can only assume there is corrosion on the back of the trackball sensors causing it to malfunction. basically when I try to scroll the cursor around it is erratic and will NOT go where I want it to. this phone is an Ebay special so I cant take it to Verizon for warranty work.

To get under it, you have to peel it off. It is almost like a sticker. I HIGHLY advice against it though. You are pretty much garenteed to ruin it to some degree

On my old track ball, i had this happen very rarely. I just pressed down on it and rolled it around a bit. Seemed to do the trick

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Find a can of electrical contact cleaner, preferably one with one of those red 'straws', try loewe's or an electrical repair shop. Soak the whole thing up using the tip of the straw to reach the hidden crevices, let dry and repeat twice more.
    You may get it to work, maybe not, but it's better than trying to take it apart and risk making irreparable damage.
    I would let sit for a whole day before reassembly and putting back the battery>