8830 TELUS I am trying to pair with TomTom GO930 GPS the hands free works ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

Univers no está en línea Stack level 1

Question TomTom 930 Paring Numbers & Data

Advertisement

8830 TELUS I am trying to pair with TomTom GO930 GPS the hands free works however the data connection does not. Also the phone number transfered to the gps with out the name. I can use the but no phone book.
    ]
    TomTom Expert answer was contact TELUS/Blackberry-Rim support and ask them for the necessary settings to set up a data connection. These would basically be the same settings to tether your phone with your laptop to use it as a modem.

Generally, TomTom does not need the user name/password except to access paid Plus Services. Likewise, the DCHP and DUNS address are set to auto. The logic script is a possibility and the APN is a definite - both specific to TELUS.

Is anyone know the settings to set up a data connection.

Thanks
    Last edited by Univers; 03-06-2009 at 10:27 PM.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    What software packet are you using for your BB device?
    I can not be certain but I think that you upgrade you should be able to pair up with data and all with the BB. I know that Bell is offering a 4.5 OS. I would upgrade to this and give your bluetooth link a shot again.

here's a link to the Bell Mobility Official Software Release:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...646D38BC2145CA

and here is a step by step on upgrading your device software:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f61/updated_guide_installing_upgrading_device_operating_system-100243/

If you have any questions post back and we will get you heading in the right direction.

Best regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

Univers no está en línea Stack level 1

Vendor.xml file

Thanks thechadj I will do it but first I want to be sure I know all steps before starting I need my phone to work and I know that if you are not downloading from your provider in my case it is Telus Mobility, you need to deletethe vendor.xml file and I don’t know how to find this files so I will study it and do it next week end

Thank again