Yup, THREE 8830 World Edition phones under warranty in TWO days!!!!!! 1 My original due ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5

Three 8830's in 2 days!

Advertisement

Yup, THREE 8830 World Edition phones under warranty in TWO days!!!!!!
    1 My original due to multiple problems.
    2nd Due to a continual reboot when charging batter by car and wall charger. Verizon tech could'nt get service books to dowload, and gave it to ME to CALL Verizon's tech support! Now mind you, I AM in the Verizon store!! DUH !!
    3rd 8830, is the one I'm on now. Any bets on how many seconds this one will last!
    I have plenty more to say. But it's late, and I'm way past PO'd!
    Much more to follow...trust me! Besides, I better quit now because Verizon's tech's may be calling so I can do their work again!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    He gave you the BB to use to call CS??? A little confused there.

I had 3 T-Mobile Pearl 8100's last year myself.

Number 1 crashed after multiple uncaught exception error messages.
    Number 2 crashed after a bad upgrade, new battery and portable charger.
    Number 3 has been working fine for the last 8 months.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow. I'm having battery issues with my 2nd 8830. Not sure if it's because I have poor reception at home though. Good luck with that though.
    Andy

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I have had an 8830 for about 3 months with Alltel and I have had no issues with mine. If you do have poor reception, it can definitely affect your battery life if it's always trying to search for a network connection or you are out of your primary coverage area.

Good luck with your issues... Sounds like Verizon has some issues to work out. I've had one issue with one Blackberry with Alltel and replaced it under warranty and it was a 7130e, which I was glad to get rid of...didn't like the suretype.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

I think that's what it is. Always looking for signal. I'll have it for a few minutes and then lose it. Verizon and Sprint are the only providers here.....and sprint is an agent of Satan.
    Andy

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Have you done a PRL update on your phone to see if there were any new towers in your area that your phone could successfully roam to? That would help your signal issue.

The PRL is the "Preferred Roaming List" and your carrier should have a number like *228 you can dial to update your phone.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Did it yesterday. Only moved out to this corner of nowhere 2 weeks ago. Gotta love small towns, only one light in town, and they turn that off on the weekend........just gotta deal with the sporadic signal strength. No big deal I guess.
    Andy