Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I called BB support tonight trying to get an OTA for Telenav and the CSR ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

rce
    rce no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Telenav and 8830 with New BIS Plan

Advertisement

I called BB support tonight trying to get an OTA for Telenav and the CSR told me that in addition to the $30 a month plan I must add something else: a PDS drive for cdma which is another $10 a month. She was very adamant about this and I told her that I would call back. Does anyone know anything about this?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Telenav and 8830 with New BIS Plan

Telenav is not included in the $30 BIS plan, however Sprint navigation is used, which is actual powered by Telenav. To get Sprint Navigation please go to www.sprint.com/navigation for the OTA link, or send a text message to 77746 and put the word NAV in the body. You should receive a message back with the ota link.

I have both Sprint Nav and Telenav and they are very similar, but slightly different. Any other questions just ask.

rce

thanks cp, I appreciate the info.

Loggerhead no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a bit confused, although I have the BIS plan, the fee is still 9.99 a month (2.99 per use otherwise)?

I'm thinking that this is fee is for power vision people, but I don't need to start incurring even more charges on my phone right now, so I need to find a little clarification.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you have the $30 Power Vision Plan Sprint Navigation is included, all other BB Plans you must pay for it.

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the $30 BB Power Vision Plan, but when starting up Sprint Navigator, the screen still asks to pick either the $2.99 per day or $9.99 per month options. Do I just pick the $9.99 option and hope that they don't charge me?

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B

You need to call up bb support who will connect you with telnav and they can fix it right over the phone.
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

im on a 3rd party emplooye plan of sprint and sprint navigation is included but the bb support said i have to pay 9.99 then they will credit they account. since its not actually going to sprint

rce

Question Re: Telenav and 8830 with New BIS Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Need View Post
    I have the $30 BB Power Vision Plan, but when starting up Sprint Navigator, the screen still asks to pick either the $2.99 per day or $9.99 per month options. Do I just pick the $9.99 option and hope that they don't charge me?

I actually called about this today and the CSR @ BB Support told me that Sprint Navigation was not included in the plan and that I would have to pay the $10 a month for the navigation. I am completely confused with this new BB Plan. I have had nothing but problems with using the features (so called) of this new plan. I am unsure of whom to talk with next? Any ideas???

movieguy00 no está en línea Stack level 1

This is from the sprint website:

Sprint® Power Vision BlackBerry® Pack

This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a BlackBerry without needing to access a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BlackBerry Pack includes:

BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    Sprint® Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.
    Unlimited web browsing/search.
    On Demand - News, sports, weather and more.
    Unlimited text messages.
    Unlimited data access.
    Also, available exclusively on the 8130 by BlackBerry:
    Sprint TV - Watch CNN, FOX Sports, Disney Channel, The Weather Channel, E!, NFL Network and Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.
    99˘ Wireless Music Downloads - Wirelessly download your favorite songs from the Sprint Music StoreSM for only 99˘.

Phone as modem is available for $15.00. Please contact customer care to add this to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewd View Post
    You need to call up bb support who will connect you with telnav and they can fix it right over the phone.
    I am on hold with BB support now. I first emailed Sprint and every email says that I am good to go with free Sprint Navigation. I tried and no go. I finally just try to order it with $9.99, and it won't even let me do that. It said the phone model is invalid even though I downloaded it on this phone and used it perfectly fine during the free trial 24 hours.

When I call Sprint support, the person also said she cannot under why I cannot get it. Now I am on hold again. I still think that it is probably because I am still on the P2k system. But no one at Sprint support would believe me. They all say my plan has been changed since Nov 13 even though it has not shown up online yet. Oh well, maybe I will have better luck with BB support... if they ever pick up my call.

I even tried calling Telenav, but they said they do not support Sprint Navigation even though it said it was powered by Telenav.

rce

Quote Originally Posted by Need View Post
    I am on hold with BB support now. I first emailed Sprint and every email says that I am good to go with free Sprint Navigation. I tried and no go. I finally just try to order it with $9.99, and it won't even let me do that. It said the phone model is invalid even though I downloaded it on this phone and used it perfectly fine during the free trial 24 hours.

When I call Sprint support, the person also said she cannot under why I cannot get it. Now I am on hold again. I still think that it is probably because I am still on the P2k system. But no one at Sprint support would believe me. They all say my plan has been changed since Nov 13 even though it has not shown up online yet. Oh well, maybe I will have better luck with BB support... if they ever pick up my call.

I even tried calling Telenav, but they said they do not support Sprint Navigation even though it said it was powered by Telenav.
    Need,

Let me know what you find out, I suspect this problem is arising because of the 2 billing systems.

I have been transferred back and fore between telenav and Sprint. Neither one knows what is wrong. When I asked about the 2 billing systems, Sprint said it should matter because it shows that I have the $30 plan and it clear said that Sprint Navigation is free. The software I downloaded clearly said Sprint Navigation for 7130, and it works perfectly during the first 24 hours free trial. Sprint now claims that it is a telenav software issue because it said invalid phone model when selected "pay via credit card". Telenav claims that it is a Sprint issue because they don't support Sprint Navigation and it shows on their system that I am not activated. Sprint claims that I am activated. This is madness!

Okay, I have had it. I think I may just cancel Sprint. After 2 days of calling I finally got an answer. The person says that Sprint Navigation will absolutely NOT work with the 7130.

Why does it work during the 24 hours trial period?
    It is a trial like a game demo.

But it has the full functions and everything works?
    It is a trial only.

The Sprint Navigation website says it supports the 7130.
    The website is wrong.

The TELENAV person I spoke to said it supports the 7130.
    I am sorry he gave you the wrong information.

Oh well. Time to find out what are my termination fees for my 4 lines. At lease they should be pro-rated!

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Need, there is an issue currently nationwide with Sprint Navigation. On every single phone I have put this on says the same thing. It would be best if you call in and ask for a trouble ticket to be put through. Also try this number, 18776549111 option 2.

Good luck, if you need any further help feel free to pin me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast