I sync my 8830 with 2 computers. One is a stand-alone at home running Windows ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

WildBillLyle no está en línea Stack level 1

Strange and frustrating sync behavior

Advertisement

I sync my 8830 with 2 computers. One is a stand-alone at home running Windows Vista Home Premium edition. The other one is at work and is running Windows XP SP2 in a Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 environment.

The home sync works fine every time but, at work, the first sync of the day causes the calendar to continuously "organize" ("Organizing Calendar" message is displayed over and over again). I have let it "organized" for as long as 10 minutes and it never stopped. The only solution is to power it down and remove the battery and then restart it after re-inserting the battery. The actual sync works correctly (items are where they should be). After this first sync and battery removal, subsequent syncs work without any issues.

Also, the 8830 deletes calendar records at random. There is no apparent pattern that I can identify; it simply deletes calendar enteries peridodically. I'm thinking that this is connected to whatever is causing the "organizing" problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for any you have.

Doug

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    what is your file free? could be low memory.

Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    what is your file free? could be low memory.
    Thanks for your reply, Mark but I'm not sure what you are asking me.

Doug

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think he is asking how much available memory you have on your berry. If you don't have enough memory available that would explain the deleting of calendar entries. Try clearing out all of your old messages and clearing out your internet cache, this would free up extra memory

Quote Originally Posted by boob_1029 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think he is asking how much available memory you have on your berry. If you don't have enough memory available that would explain the deleting of calendar entries. Try clearing out all of your old messages and clearing out your internet cache, this would free up extra memory
    Thanks. I have no old messages and use it for Internet access very infrequently. How do I clear out whatever cache there is?

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I was having a similar problem with my 8830. Deleting messages (txt/call log) at random. This would happen when its (BB) low on memory, having a lot of programs installed, (do remember all OS suffer memory leak) which contribute to this problem. After clearing up memory, uninstall a few applications that i don't use a lot would be a temporary fix. I did an upgrade to one of the beta, this problem no longer affect me.

mcky no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillLyle View Post
    Thanks. I have no old messages and use it for Internet access very infrequently. How do I clear out whatever cache there is?
    Open browser >(hit menu key (left of track ball)) options>cache operations
    Last edited by mcky; 07-20-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks to all who helped here....maybe the actions taken (cleared cache and unintalled programs I never use) will correct issue. I also upgraded the desktop software to version 4.5 (which, by the way, has the "minimize to tray" option back!)