Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition powered by Sprint BASICS: Form factor: Sleek, thin design with full ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Sprint's BlackBerry 8830 w/GPS - Full Specs & details

Advertisement

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition powered by Sprint

BASICS:
    • Form factor: Sleek, thin design with full QWERTY keyboard and trackball navigation
    • Dimensions: 4.49" x 2.6" x 0.55" Weight: 4.6 ounces
    • Memory: 64 MB of RAM (can increase with microSD card)
    • Digital Quad-band: CDMA 1XRTT/EV-DO Rev. 0 (1900 MHz and 800 MHz); GSM/GPRS (900 MHz and 1800 MHz)
    • Data: Sprint EV-DO (Rev. 0) and 1XRTT
    • GPS: Built-in capabilities (assisted, autonomous and simultaneous)
    • Processor: Qualcomm MSM6550
    • Battery Specifications: Standard Li-Ion (1400 mAhr);
    • Bright, energy-efficient screen: Vibrant TFT display with 65K colors and 320 x 240 resolution
    FEATURES:
    • International Roaming Capabilities: Sprint's first CDMA BlackBerry capable of roaming globally on GSM/GPRS networks for voice and data services. Sprint Worldwide service is available in more than 170 countries for voice service and 75 for data service. A complete list of countries where service is available can be found at www.sprint.com/international.
    • Unlocked SIM Card: International travelers, including enterprise customers with significant employee groups working abroad, will find additional value with the BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition powered by Sprint because the SIM is unlocked and will accept an in-market international carrier's SIM for voice services.
    • Sprint Mobile Broadband: Where available experience broadband-like data speeds averaging up to 400-700 kbps and peak speeds up to 2.0 Mbps when accessing Sprint Power Vision services and content. Supported applications include:
      --On-Demand: Retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports, weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button
      --Sprint Software Store: Certified content is available via the Sprint Software Store powered by Handmark™, an intelligent on-device catalog of applications and digital media, allowing users to find, download and buy games and applications simply and securely. The store can also be visited online at http://softwarestore.sprint.com.
    • BlackBerry Push Technology: Receive email and data automatically sent to your device. Supports up to 10 business and/or personal email accounts.
    • Phone as Modem (PAM): Take advantage of Sprint Mobile Broadband on your laptop by using the device as a wireless modem (USB cable included). PAM capabilities included in all Sprint BlackBerry service plans.
    • GPS Capabiilty: Whether you need turn-by-turn driving directions or a smarter way to manage your mobile travel needs, Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) solutions can help get it done. GPS location-based services, , deliver audible turn-by-turn driving directions to any address, anywhere on the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
    • Micro SD Expansion Slot: Add memory for larger work files – presentations, reports, documents or transfer music, photos, and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. Cards up to 128 MB supported; sold separately.
    • Built-in Bluetooth® Wireless Technology (v. 2.0): When used with your Sprint PCS Phone and accessories, Bluetooth allows fast, secure transmission without cables or wires, even though the two devices are not in line-of-sight. Bluetooth wireless accessories sold separately. NOTE: This device does not support Bluetooth Dial-Up-Networking.
    • Built-In speakerphone: Hands-free operation made easy
    • Voice Activated Dialing: Built-in speaker independent voice command allows users to look up contacts, place phone calls and access key information from the device.
    • Media Player: Features a media player with stereo headset jack so users can play downloaded music, video, audio files, pictures and ringtones.
    • Integrated Attachment Viewing: Download, view and edit Word and Excel compatible files; rehearse PowerPoint presentations anywhere; consult important PDFs on the go.
    • Productivity Tools: View and update your calendar, schedule appointments, check your task list and more while you're on the go. Also includes a calculator, alarm clock and memo pad.
    • Full-Featured Phone: including dedicated "send" and "end" keys, a built-in speakerphone, Bluetooth capability for wireless headsets and car kits, and support for polyphonic ring tones.
    Read More

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Sprint's BlackBerry 8830 w/GPS - Full Specs & details

I see a few features that conflict with what our RIM rep told us. Only time will tell. I was assured this BB would have REVA not REV0.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

It looks just like the 8800 to me. Maybe the dimensions are different

ALBoZF1N3ST no está en línea Stack level 1

NOTE: This device does not support Bluetooth Dial-Up-Networking.

Damn that sucks.. lol i was kinda hoping for that but oh well i guess usb isnt so bad lol...
    .:WHaT:.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrcsbrooks
    It looks just like the 8800 to me. Maybe the dimensions are different
    It's part of the 8800 family.. so I hope it looks like the 8800 ;P

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

Does anyone know when the 8820 version is coming out for tmobile? Is t mobile ugrading to 3g network if now whats the point of the 8820? Besides wifi and camera? Is the EDGE all we are gonna get out 8800 phones?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by ALBoZF1N3ST
    NOTE: This device does not support Bluetooth Dial-Up-Networking.

Damn that sucks.. lol i was kinda hoping for that but oh well i guess usb isnt so bad lol...
    Yeah that was asked at a meeting I attended, I stressed to them my disappointment.

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

It's nice that the 8830 is an unlocked sprint bb with the sim card. My dad is a sprint customer and has been admiring my bb for quite some time, but he would never get one because in most of the countries he travels too. If your in Italy and you want to use their service you have to purchase one of those prepaid sim cards. Regardless, I'm excited about the release.
    Ladies and Gentleman we are floating in space....
    "God didn't do that, you did that you fat @#$%"

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    BlackBerry 8830 World Edition powered by Sprint
    • Micro SD Expansion Slot: Add memory for larger work files – presentations, reports, documents or transfer music, photos, and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. Cards up to 128 MB supported; sold separately.
    Cards "up to 128MB" ??? Is this a mis-print? Surely 2GB cards are supported???

/BD

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by bikedogrun
    Cards "up to 128MB" ??? Is this a mis-print? Surely 2GB cards are supported???

/BD
    Yep, misprint. all the collateral I have says 2gb.

PIN/ID

what does this mean "GPS location-based services" is it a true GPS like the one on the 8800?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

All Sprint-Nextel devices utilize the GPS and allow you to use it for different apps.

PIN/ID

Awsome, because I was reading that VZ is not allowing other apps to use the device's GPS

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

I also was hoping for BT DUN on this phone as I was use to using when I had a WM 5.0 phone.

novaman64 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any news on if it is Rev A compatible.. Maybe wit a future firmware upgrade?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast