hello there: i asked a friend to buy me a new BB for use here ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

sprint phone

Advertisement

hello there:

i asked a friend to buy me a new BB for use here in the Philippines. Unfortunately he got a BB 8830 intended just for SPRINT plan(it has no SIM card slot) and I cannot send it back to the US vendor plus I don't think the vendor will accept it back.

Is there a way i can still make use of the unit? I was able to unlock my existing BB 8100 Pearl which I also bought from the US. can the guy who unlocked my pearl do the same to the SPRINT BB8830? Is it possible that there is an internal slot hidden somewhere?

thanks please help out.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    umm... if there is no SIM card slot behind the battery then it is CDMA only... if there is a CDMA provider there i bet you can still use it

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ya, no secret sim card slots... You're going to have to find a local CDMA carrier, if there is one... If not, you can always sell the 8830 on ebay, or trade it with someone for a gsm device.

Maybe a local community forum? (Someone may be on their way to the states and may want to use sprint service)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ScSpeedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3034c66d
    I believe that the 8830 has a sim behind the battery. Since it is a world editon phone. Cdma only works on a local network not a gsm which the 8830 works on both the gsm and cdma.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    If the phone is an 8830 then it does have a SIM card slot, which can only be accessed with the battery removed. The phone should say "World Edition" at the bottom of the bezel if it is indeed a 8830. Does the phone have a camera?? If it does then you have an 8330, which does not have a SIM card slot.