Folks who are using Verizon or TMO OS patch to fix the memory leak problem, ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6

Sprint claims only a few 8830 memory leak calls

Advertisement

Folks who are using Verizon or TMO OS patch to fix the memory leak problem, please call Sprint BB technical support since they're claiming they've only received a few calls and haven't started working on a patch yet due to low call volume regarding this issue.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Sprint claims only a few 8830 memory leak calls

I will say that out of the few hundred we have sold not one person has mentioned an issue with memory. I do agree that if you are having issues call in 10 times a day to get a new OS or patch.

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

I don't think the leak is really a problem for my 8830. I do a soft reset every other day. Clear the log every day. Pull the battery couple times a week. Blackberry OS is so great.

tina_twyman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30d4e1b6

I'm working on my second 8830 with Sprint and was hoping that my first device was maybe just defected since BB tech support and I did device wiping uninstall and reinstall and I still lost emails. Yes my settings are saved to forever. Yes, I also cleared cache and did a batter pull sometimes twice a day or every other day. IMO this process of clearing cache and the battery pull should not have to been performed this often to hope and pray for emails to not delete/disappear. I never had this problem with my 8703. However, after working with Sprint BB tech support, I still lost emails so I went and got a new device. Shortly after a day or two, emails disappeared. I do have third party applications and I am aware that others haven't had sms or emails disappear from their sprint 8830 and others have. Hence, people are installing the verizon patch that was updated and put on their web-site on Aug.3 to replace the sprint OS. I am not a technical individual, but I do know that my emails disappear from my device. Since my new device, my emails have only disappeared once.

All I am asking is if other Sprint users are expericning sms and email loss to please call tech support even if they are still using another carriers BB OS.
    Last edited by tina_twyman; 08-23-2007 at 10:40 AM.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i call about 55 times aday and tell them that problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

unbreakableblue no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30463B82

If the vzw OS fixes the problem, I don't see the problem. I had the same issue until I switched OS's and now it's fine. I understand the frustration, but you're going to be hard pressed to garner the type of support necessary to get Sprint's attention if they're not already looking into it.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I've read somewhere online that RIM is is working on the release of 4.3 and 5.0, possibly for sometime early in 2008. If not enough attention is drawn to the issue, it's easier to roll the fix up into one of those.

PIN/ID

I installed the VZW OS on my Sprint 8830, and I have not had any issues then, yes memory does fluctuate but never down to zero and never below 12 mb now. It was sitting at 9 before i switched to the VZW os, granted I did take off few COD files (themes, Voice Activated dialing, languages, and password keeper)

TheMooch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C76AO4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Interesting. I keep seeing posts about this memory leak issue. I,personally, have had a near flawless experience with my 8830. I've only had a couple of minor "irratant" issues and they have ultimately turned out to be the result of something I did or installed. Only once have I come up against a memory type of issue and I found that it was because I used the red "end" button to jump out of a program rather than using the exit option on the menu.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    I don't think the leak is really a problem for my 8830. I do a soft reset every other day. Clear the log every day. Pull the battery couple times a week. Blackberry OS is so great.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZNxmk572MSUS
    Battery pull several times a week??? Are you sure you don't have a Win Mobile device? I've had my 8830 for 2 months and I think I've only had to pull the battery 4 times.

bubbatex no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103
    Any phone can be great if you do this much to keep it running. I thought all of this was not necessary with BB. Heck, I don't do this much to keep my Q running well!

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't like sounding dumb, but what's a memory leak, and how does one do a soft reset on a 8830?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

A memory leak is where the phone will delete items at random, phone log, messages etc...

To do a reset on the 8830 you can remove the battery and replace it, or even hold down the alt key, press the shift key and the delete key all at the same time, for about 3 seconds.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

I tried the alt-shift-del option, and it doesn't appear to do anything. Did it reset, or is it suppose to show something.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3

Use the ALT key on the left, the SHIFT and DEL on the right side. Reboots it almost instantly.