I have been a Sprint customer for a few years and I am out of ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8830 with issues

Advertisement

I have been a Sprint customer for a few years and I am out of contract. I just received my 8830 and I notice that Sprint didnt include the browser or email applications. I was still able to locate the browser by looking at the internal file structure, but it wont allow me to access the internet and that I need to contact Sprint. My old phone was the PPC-6700, and I had the unlimited internet access package included. Why do I now need to upgrade to a special "blackberry" internet package to use this device? Given that i can access the browser, is it possible to simply change the APN, TCP, info so that I can use my existing data plan with this phone? If so, what settings need to be changed? I really dont feel the need to sign a new contract and pay for a new data plan if its not necessary!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: Sprint 8830 with issues

If you did not get the blackberry data plan, you need to have that on you plan. It will allow you to use email and data on the blackberry. The standard phone data plan will not allow it.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

They should have told you that the Blackberry plan was needed for your Blackberry. The regular power vision plan will not work.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

They should have told you that the Blackberry plan was needed for your Blackberry. The regular power vision plan will not work.
    Correct.

Welcome to pinstack wifi, let us know if you have any other questions.