Sprint has the BB 8830 on their website. So any one who was waiting can ... BlackBerry 8830 forum

ElCamino no está en línea Stack level 3

Sprint 8830 online

Advertisement

Sprint has the BB 8830 on their website. So any one who was waiting can order it. The price shows 549.99 minus 250.00 instant rebate and 100.00 mail in reabate which comes out to 199.99 with a two year contract.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sprint 8830 online

Thanks ElCamino. I know this will make a lot of Sprint customers happy.

TMO customers = jealous! :cry:

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Thanks ElCamino. I know this will make a lot of Sprint customers happy.

TMO customers = jealous! :cry:
    Yup ... TMO is going to have to lower their prices, for sure! The Sprint 8830 has been pretty available today from all of the usual sources. Showed up on eBay today too ... $99.95 from a couple of sellers.

I've purchased from one of them previously and arranged to order an 8830 a few hours ago as well.

Once it arrives (friday?) I'll let anyone interested know the seller name/details too (if interested). They've been pretty good to deal with and if you commit to a new line w/ 2 yrs service "AND" a voice plan + BB data plan ... the $100 MIR brings the price effectively down to $0.

/BD

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bikedogrun
    Yup ... TMO is going to have to lower their prices, for sure! The Sprint 8830 has been pretty available today from all of the usual sources. Showed up on eBay today too ... $99.95 from a couple of sellers.

I've purchased from one of them previously and arranged to order an 8830 a few hours ago as well.

Once it arrives (friday?) I'll let anyone interested know the seller name/details too (if interested). They've been pretty good to deal with and if you commit to a new line w/ 2 yrs service "AND" a voice plan + BB data plan ... the $100 MIR brings the price effectively down to $0.
    Allllllright!!! UPS just dropped off my 8830

All I can say is "WOW" ... maybe double-WOW

I looooooooove it! Compared to my T-Mobile Pearl, it is larger (a good thing for these old eyes ) hence the screen is larger/brighter/sharper too. The BB Internet Browser is fast, VERY fast ... and that is only on 1xRTT so far. Still - much faster than the Pearl.

Keyboard is fine, no issues. Email is already flowing in ... piece of cake to set-up.

Music Player is niicely improved too over the Pearl, organizes all of your MP3s by Song+Artist+Album and even Genre ... nice!

More later; my wife says "Your lunch has been sitting here for 2 hrs now" ... MUST EAT!!!

/BD

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB

Mine was waiting for me when i got home from work. Its up and running fine, but im not sure i love it as much as my 8703. Maybe it"ll need an adjustment period, i dont know. Feels solid, I hate the holster, and i am still looking for the scrollwheel on the side.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

You hate the holster? Holy cow Im astonished to hear that! The provided case is the best I have ever seen!

MrX
    MrX no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304185AB

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    You hate the holster? Holy cow Im astonished to hear that! The provided case is the best I have ever seen!
    Its a nicely made holster, but I just dont like the flap on top. I was happy with the old plastic holsters! haha

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im just glad to have the new BB, I use the included case while at work, and love my Boxwave Active Case for everywhere else.

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

where is the slot for the SIM Card located on this device? near the battery?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

After you remove the battery cover you can see it directly to the left of the memory card slot. You can remove the memory card without removing the battery, but to take the sim out you also have to take out the battery.